Why does this group like Tyler Perry?

He is an excellent director, actor and producer but why does a small minority of the African-American community think he is the best there is and the best there was?

What I mean is that whats so special about him, I mean we have great black directors such as Denzel Washington and Keenan Ivory Wayans, what makes Tyler Perry so great?

• Fonda
    Best Answer

Because Tyler Perry started all of his short plays to these groups. He's a very smart man.He wrote all of these short dramatic and/ or comedic plays based on his family and friends and would tour the country. He toured the church circuit in the african -american community. He figured out that some people liked going to the theatre and see those plays. Perry later on turned some of his plays into movies and that same crowd he would draw for his plays , now go to see his movies. I've only seen a few of his movies and they are silly and fun. Funny observations about family.So that's why he's popular. He built his own fan base.He remained loyal to that fan-base and his fan-base is loyal to him.

I don't think that he's the best out there. But why some AA teens may like him is because he's an inspiration. He was homeless before he became a director, so that's inspiring to some teens. I prefer Spike Lee, I don't know why he stopped making movies.

Because they don't know of anything better. Tyler Perry targets a certain group in the African American community and that's why he's so popular. He's great at everything he does, but money is his first priority and he's making it.

I work with a lot of younger African American teenagers and they've told me they love his work because he's very good at realistically portraying African Americans. They can tell you I know someone like this person or that person.

• Megan

cause tyler perry is awesome lol

i love his madea movies! =)

Coz ur fat