2010 Corolla Vs 2010 Mazda 3 Sedan..Which one to buy?

Hi,

Looking for advice on whether to buy 2010 Corolla LE or 2010 Mazda i-Touring sedan.

I am kind of stuck and not able to make a decision as to which one to choose. I am thinking more about reliability and resale value 3 or 4 years down the line. I intend to buy the car rather than lease it.

Amid all the noise about Toyota, Is it still worth buying? I am not sure how Mazda 3 resale value will be. KBB shows Mazda 3 to have a higher value than Corolla, which is primarily because of the recent problems.

Best Answer

The one that doesn't try to kill you.

My fiance just went through the same decision. He bought the Mazda3 i Touring. Consumer Reports rates the reliability of the Mazda3 as Excellent, and the car recently won an award for having the best resale value in its class. It's a really nice car, and not as generic looking as the Corolla. Either one is going to be a good car, but if you're worried about resale value I would go with the Mazda given Toyota's recent problems.

Corolla by far as it is not the number 1 selling car in world for nothing. Also if anybody did real research they would know that the mazda 3 which replaced protege is based on and still is the corolla and frame and parts are Toyota.

2010 Mazda3 Sedan

I have a 2009 Corolla Sport and nothings wrong with my car! My family always had owned Toyota/Hondas and we have no problems what-so-ever.

The Mazda may look better but I'm not sure if Mazda's are a lasting brand? You don't really see many old Mazda's still been driven. I'd go with the cheaper and reliable Corolla but that's just my opinion.

You also should compare car insurance quotes for cars before buying one, for example here - carinsurance.yoll.net

Zoom Zoom Zoom

why?

almost same performance.

but mazda has a nice view from inside and outside

corolla nice view just from outside

Well...Mazda is fun to drive, i can tell you that but when it comes to reliability oh god STAY AWAY

I've owned a previous Mazda 3, 2005 and believe me, it was a pain....it kept breaking down, the brakes were going bad, it guzzled too much gas.....the fuel injectors went bad, the PCV valve had an issue, had to replace 4 alternator in 2 years.

eventually i was done with that car.....Mazda will have a bad resale value. worse than Toyota why because of reliability and fuel economy.

Toyota will lose not much, Toyota's resale value will be slightly strong.

I would purchase a newer Toyota if i were you....or you can consider a Mazda (remember they're worth driving one, cause they're fun)

Test drive both and see which ones you like!

Do yourself a favor before April 5th.--Go look at a 2010 Ford Focus. they are far better looking, and far better built than both the Corolla and the Mazda 3. And if you like it and buy a Focus...you will get a $3000 rebate but that offer runs out on the 5th of April. I just bought a Ford Focus SEL at a great deal. And it is the best looking car of them all, The ride is excellent..It's lots of fun to drive...leather moon roof, 16" alloy wheels., full power everything. Fabulous car! And it gets BETTER gas mileage than the other cars with at least 24 mpg city...and 35 to 38 highway...and LOTS of power (140 hp) If you look and drive a Focus, you will definitely see it is better! Just look at them. I LOVE mine. And I traded in a luxury Toyota Solara for it...guess what? It's way better than the Solara ! Good Luck...My dealer took off $1400 off the sticker price, and then took off $3000 more for the rebate...and gave me full excellent blue book value on the trade in. ---P.S the 2010 Ford Focus got all high marks in consumer reports magazine for the last 3 years! Excellent reliability!--And it rates 9.2 out of 10 in edmunds.com personal consumer reviews (people who actually own one)

The Mazda.

Source(s): Combat Veteran.

The Mazda is definitely cooler looking.