Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 10 years ago

how can i keep the stray dogs out of my trash?

I put out my trash so that it can be pick up on thursday, but the stray dogs in my area always break into the bags is there something I can do to keep them out

? the pound never comes when I ask them and one of the dogs are pregnant which means this is just going to get worse

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

put your trash out on thursday morning and call animal control

• 10 years ago

The best idea is to get a heavy duty trash can that is too big for the dogs to knock over. You can purchase them at Lowes or Home Depot. Don't spray anything on your trash that could be toxic to animals.....you may end up killing one of them by accident.

Source(s): myself
  • 10 years ago

Buy trash cans with locking lids to put the bags in.

And start getting tough with the pound. Keep calling them repeatedly and if they still don't answer call the humane society.

• 10 years ago

hot peppers 99% of dogs cant stand them and hot source , put the peppers in there break them open so the can smell it and the seeds are out if they do eat it, and pour hot souse on any meat or paper that touched the meat. it wont hurt the dogs, even though they might think it will, and after 1 or 2 times they wont come back. but there are a few rare dogs hot there that do lick the sot stuff lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

put the trash out in the morning then they cant get into it at night :)

• 3 years ago

cover your trash

• 10 years ago

put the trash in a can with a lid.

• 10 years ago

Spray this stuff around your trash. Its cheap and workds great

• Make him your dog. Be sure to spay and neuter ever if they're not your so it won't get worse.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.