Loyalty to your employer?

I'm currently working as a contractor with my company and am about 1.5 months into a 6 month contract. There has been word floating around that due to the lack of work, us contractors may be forced to either look into relocating to another state (from IL to either IA or FL) and stay as a contractor to work at a... show more I'm currently working as a contractor with my company and am about 1.5 months into a 6 month contract. There has been word floating around that due to the lack of work, us contractors may be forced to either look into relocating to another state (from IL to either IA or FL) and stay as a contractor to work at a different company there. The place in IA is over 3 hours away from here and FL is many hours away.

When I heard about that, I made my resume public on Monster. There is an oppertunity in WI that offers a permanant position with a company, really good benefits, and potentially a higher wage.

When I was hired by the company I am with now, I received no benefits but the pay was pretty good. They also asked if I would be able to stay the duration of the contract. I agreed that I would. My question is this: Should I stick out the rest of the contract with the chance of having to choose to either stay in hotels during the week while I am in either IA or FL and come back to home on the weekends (with FL it would be more like coming back maybe once a month due to the distance) or even losing my job or should I just leave my current company if the job in WI is offered to me? My issue is that I said I'd be staying for the duration of the contract and breaking it would be breaking my word. But I don't want to miss out on an oppertunity when this current adventure could end up in ruin.
Update: A few weeks ago, one of our bosses came around and let us know that work is starting to dry up. He wanted to know if myself and the other person, who was hired with me, would be willing to go to either IA or FL if the need arose.

So when I said rumor, I meant it in that sense.