The modern warfare 2 stimulus package has rendered mw2 unplayable! Help!!!!!?

so, ive downloaded the mw2 stimulus package. i turned my xbox on, and downloaded it, before trying to play modern warfare 2. So when i try to play modern warfare 2, there is an update, that keeps failing. I tried testing my connection, and it said, "Users may be unable to render the maps within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package Map Pack." And now, i cant even play, because the update fails! is this some temporary error, or is my xbox messed up for good?!?! and now, im short 1200 microsoft points! If someone knows the answer, please help!

Best Answer

Yes, please chill out. Everyone who has downloaded the package has this problem.

Have you not noticed the million and one questions about MW2 being unresponsive?

Give them time and you'll be able to play again! :)

The Stimulus pack was supposed to be released at the same time as an update for the game in general. However, the title update did not get released, causing wide spread problems. Once it was released, a large number of players could not connect to ANY matches, whether they were Stimulus matches or otherwise. Representatives have been saying they are doing everything they can to get this fixed ASAP.

This is a major surprise for everyone as the map packs seemed rather well tested before hand. But the supporting software was the actual problem. Once they have the fixes in place, they'll release the updates. XBOX Live and Games for Windows - Live is experiencing a large number of difficulties as well, possibly due to extraordinarily high volume of players.

Again, for more info, check:

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/xboxstat...

(I don't want this handy link lost in the shuffle ;) )

Yea it says that because there are to many people buying the stimulus package at one time. I didn't download it because it says can't retrieve information from xbox live so i went to Mw2 And Downloaded the updated first and now im just waiting for xbox live to "Calm Down" So u should wait maby an hour or two and it'll work fine

Hi, has this issue been resolved just tried to play online and still same problem, will go as far as trying to find a match but doesn't seem to be able too. I've downloaded the stimulus pack and i cannot play any of the cod mw 2 games online now. total pain.

This update messed up the game for everyone regardless if you downloaded the stimulus package. so if you call xbox, they will say that there is a problem with it and they are trying to fix it. So just be patiant and hope that the problem gets fixed quickly

Source(s): me

Your xbox is not messed up, mine did the same thing, it is temporarily down, but no one really knows when the maps will be working again, when they do though, head over to youtube.com/user/TacticalInsertion and we will have guides for getting good killstreaks on each of the new maps. We have guides on many other maps up right now. Just don't worry, your Xbox is fine.

i didn't even download it and i'm still having problems. it said it needed the update, so i did it but it didn;t restart or anything after that. i dont think it worked. it keeps saying that i cant join the lobby or the connection to the xbox live server is interrupted.

Source(s): me

Modern warfare 2 has been acting up, don't worry, Infinity Ward messed something up, there going to fix it soon.

i still cant play it and its been 24 hours since i downloaded it. Waste of 1200 microsoft points!

I havn't even downloaded the bloody maps and its saying server connection interupted evertime i try to join a game! what the hell is going on!?!?!?