Severe pains in my wrist and fingers, need help?

Okay, so, here's the deal: On my left hand, my middle finger, ring finger, and pinky finger all seem to be in pretty bad shape. I can't put my fists on my hips (pushes the fingers towards the wrist, which causes massive, shooting pains through my fingers, wrists, and forearm), nor can I fold my arms for... show more Okay, so, here's the deal:

On my left hand, my middle finger, ring finger, and pinky finger all seem to be in pretty bad shape. I can't put my fists on my hips (pushes the fingers towards the wrist, which causes massive, shooting pains through my fingers, wrists, and forearm), nor can I fold my arms for the same reason. I can't twist the arm so that the wrist is facing upwards, or else I get shooting pains through my fingers, hand, wrist, and up to my elbow. My middle and ring fingers seem to be the focus, as that is where it hurts most.

I have a hard time doing minor things, like cutting with a knife and fork, or twisting a doorknob, or even locking my door.

It's been like this for the past couple of days, but today is definitely the worst so far, and it's not the first time this has happened. Always in the same wrist/arm, always the same fingers.

Every time I clench and open my hand, the knuckle for my middle finger, where the finger meets the rest of the hand, cracks.

I haven't strained it unusually in the past little while, and it's definitely not a fracture or sprain.

I spend a lot of my time typing, playing guitar, and playing video games, if that helps at all.

I've been looking at a few things, mainly carpal tunnel syndrome, repetitive strain injury, and arthritis as possible problems, but I've really got no experience with this sort of stuff at all.

I'm setting up an appointment with my family doctor tomorrow, at which point he'll help me set up an appointment to get some X-rays, but until then, does anyone have any idea what the problem is?
Update: ...Yes, answerer #4, you're TOTALLY correct! I should use an acne product on my sore joints! Why EVER didn't I think of that?