Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

if you saw a fat person working out in a gym would you make fun of him?

like a 265 pound person working out in the gym.

yes i am that 265 pound man lol, i need to loose 80 pounds in 2 years without flabby skin and my college has a gym but my town now doesnt and i go to college next year.

Favorite Answer

No, I'm not in junior high school anymore

Haha, obvious answer, understandable question though! The gym is a very scary concept to someone who has never been there before, I know what you mean! Its pretty much what kept me away, thinking, will people look at me? Make fun of me for not being able to exercise for more than 20 minutes without turning beat red, sweating and struggling to catch my breath? How could I ever bare to show myself in front of some person in great shape working out next to me? <Insert random high school gym class embarrassing moment here.>

Should have guessed people are wayyy too self centered to realize what's going on around them.

Anyway, what could they even say, "Uhh look at that fat guy he needs to hit the gym"

"ohh wait he is at the gym.... nevermind."

No, of course not! Why would you ask such a horrible question? If I saw someone at the gym who was overweight (first of all I'd really have to be looking because I don't pay attention to things like this) I would silently applaud them for taking the initiative to get in shape. What? Only people who are in peak physical condition should go to the gym? What's the point of having them if people of all weights and sizes, and different states of health aren't there to use them?

Source(s): I look at everyone as equals!

well no not at all.. that is very cold and arrogaunt.... and if anything i would give credit to the overweight person for making the effort and trying to better themselve...

as well... despite what many people think.... many people in the gym are very sooo involved.. in there own little world... focusing on there workouts... focusing on themselves.. checking themselves out.. and paying little or no attention to others around them.. unless of course u are face to face with someone...

i would not worry about being under the microscope because most people do not care....

keep up the good work...

Um no. He's obviously taking care of himself now, and I don't see anything wrong with that. Anyone can work out at a gym. I don't look at people are are overweight and people who aren't differently, I treat them like everyone else. Especially at the gym.

No...no one cares, and I'm answering from personal experience, as I used to be much heavier and went to the gym to work it off. Everyone does their own thing, and it's great because you can watch the trainers and get ideas from things you see them doing with other people. I love the gym :) Do it! Join.

no dude, hes putting an effort to get fit, thats the reason hes at the gym. making fun of a person for trying to get healthy is the stupidest thing anyone could do because there are always people better shape than you.

Nope, there would be no point on making fun of a fat person at the gym.

People would know that your there to loose weight because your self contuse about it

or that your ready to get fit.

just saying :)

Source(s): my head.

No way ! It shows they're trying to get fit and healthy which is a good thing.

But hey, no one pays attention to one another at the gym anyway, so you'll be fine !

its a common misconception to believe that everybody is paying attention to you in the gym, regardless of what shape you are in. but the truth of the matter is, most of the people in the gym are so superficially-minded that they are only so focused on themselves. the ripped body-building guys are not looking at you; instead they are staring at their results. the fit hot girls are more self-conscious than anybody. the majority of the people are not even keeping in mind you're in the gym, people only care about themselves.

so I wouldn't worry about feeling that others are watching you because they really aren't. and me personally, I'm one of them that's so self-conscious so I wouldn't be paying attention to you or anybody in the gym, I'm very fit and I just focus on myself. But I don't blame you for feeling like you're Truman in the Truman show and everybody is watching you, those are beginning thoughts when returning to the gym.

No, that would be completely counter productive...

I want people to get off their backsides and get healthy, making fun of them for actually doing something about their problem will do no good what so ever.