Marine active duty Vs. Marine reserves?

I'm looking to enlist in the Marines after high school because I want to serve my country. I was first thinking about active duty, but then thought about the reserves. I heard that while in the Reserves, I can still go to College but I'd have to train one weekend a month and 2 weeks in the summer. My... show more I'm looking to enlist in the Marines after high school because I want to serve my country. I was first thinking about active duty, but then thought about the reserves. I heard that while in the Reserves, I can still go to College but I'd have to train one weekend a month and 2 weeks in the summer. My first question is, if my unit got called while in college, how does that all work with enrollment in the school? I mean I have absolutely no problem going, just curious as to how that'd work. Also, I eventually want to go Active duty someday. Would it be too much of a hassel, because i've heard that it takes a lot of paper work to transfer to active? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
2 answers 2