Does the FDA really allows roaches in caned food?

I heard that the FDA allows roaches in caned food? Is that true or am I a victim of a disgusting joke ?

thank you

Favorite Answer

There is an FDA allowance for rat and other animal feces, animal hair, bugs, flour beetle larvae, cockroach feces and other things. It is called the:

"Defect Levels Handbook: Levels of natural or unavoidable defects in foods that present no health hazards for humans."

It is available for free online.

There is so much food produced, and so many animal eating and living in that foodstuff, that there is no possible, physical way to eliminate every little hair, or poop from everything. They had to set limits! The FDA also has allotment for mold, degrees of rot considered acceptable, maggots, even cigarette butts and other trash. It lists every food available from ground allspice, to tomato juice; and, in general classifications, specifies exactly how much of each type of contaminant is deemed sellable to the public at large.

This is not a joke. Go check with the FDA website. I’m looking at it right now.

Why would anyone cane food? How many lashes would you give it? To answer your question, I don't think the FDA has a policy regarding caned food. They may have restrictions on canned food though.

Yes, you are a victim... think about it...Would you eat a roach??? If I'm wrong you might to want to search the net under FDA. Just Google it.

Source(s): My opinion