How much does a ride in a medevac helicopter cost?

My brother recently had to be flown to shock trauma after a head injury from a bicycle accident. He is 22 and has been off my parents insurance for a year. He was also treated in an ambulance before the helicopter. We havent recieved the bill yet and I am wondering how much the damage would be. We live in Maryland.

• LYNN W
    Favorite Answer

The average price is $7,500-$8000. This will vary depending on medications and supplies used during trip.

I just had a ride in a medevac helicopter for 30 min at most and it cost 30,000 bucks, I have no idea what they could be doing that would cost that much!

I hope it will not be billed to you or him or to the parents.

State or federal agency may cover it.

But some one is paying for it, it depends on the distance flown, and the care provided by emergency personnel, but it is the after the fact, so do not worry.

Yes I have many times, and took all 3 of my kids up too. But it wasn't 50 dollars, it was more. good joke BTW

*sorry this isnt realy an answer*

Bt your kidding they charge for this kinda thing !? in brittain they dont realy charge for emergancys becuase well thats just not fair :o