2001 Cadillac Seville STS Shake in front?

2001 Cadillac seville sts 150,000 miles new tires and balanced and alighnment!!! Also all new front brakes! So the car upon a slow start just going slow starts to shake right before it goes into the next gear. I cant put it in 1st gear and it will shake consistantly from 1500 RPM to like 3000 Rpm, in drive it will shake around 50 55 miles here and there. but i was wondering if it could be a cv shaft this all happens in the passenger side front? Thanks i really appreciate everything you can put forward on this everything looks clean and tight on the whole front end!

Update:

No signs of leaking boots were clean and was checked very closely, I was trying to find maybe a worn motor mount or something possibly putting it outta the correct alignment possibly binding the cv shaft and causing it to shake? I might go and change out the cvshaft and see what happens

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

If you had a CV Boot that leaked all the grease or most of it out & dirt got into the boot & semi dried up what was still in the boot, it is very possible to cause a vibration. But they usually vibrate mostly on hard acceleration and turns. It is still present but most noticable on hard accels. That should have been caught on brake replacement.

• 3 years ago

tire rods or u just need a wheel alignment. And if it also shakes when u slow down its a wheel alignment.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.