Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Selling Cigarettes | Euthanasia / Assisted Suicide...?

How is someone selling you cigarettes any different than a doctor aiding in assisted suicide since we know smoking leads to death (slowly but surely)? Why is selling cigarettes legal and assisted suicide is not?

p.s. I think it's because can't deal with assisted suicide because it is sow blatantly obvious, where as smoking is very gradual. (frogs don't notice being boiled idea)

** People are hinting that this is a stupid question because we obviously dont jail people like fast food makers and etc. That is my point, im not saying these things should be made illegal, I'm saying assisted suicide should be made legal.

Favorite Answer

I support euthanasia. People should be able to choose whether they live or die, no one asked to be born. The only difference between selling suicide and selling cigarettes is that some who buy cancer sticks don't think they will get cancer, and end up with it. What's worse they are addictive, and detrimental to health, and sold, which is unbelievably heinous in my opinion. I could say the same about beer. These things are fine, like all drugs, in moderation, but the addictive property isn't very fair, and if your selling something you should consider what affects it going to have on people. Tobacco companies, and beer corporations will do everything they can to keep their place in the economy, and the money in their sleeves, not caring whether or not their product kills and takes away family members from each other early or not.

Source(s): All is frequency. Flow on this wave-length. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbmdVp2NS… ∞☮∞♥The word made flesh.∞☮∞♥
  • Nathan

Personally I would prefer euthanasia to be legal as opposed to cigarettes. Selling cigarettes is a pretty costly form of population control. Especially when the taxpayers have to pay for the medical bills. But, I believe in the maximum amount of freedoms. And, I don't believe any government should tell you what you can and can't do with your own body.

Yep, thats it. It's because smoking is a gradual march to death, just like living is. Of course, smoking just speeds up the march a bit more, and assisted suicide speeds it up alot lol. Assisted suicide should be legalised. In fact, I think anybody should have the right to suicide. It's their life, they can do what they want as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

Many things can cause death. Whiskey, matches, guns, large dogs, rat poison. These things are sold and why should they be considered euthanasia? Depends upon how they are used. So there is the difference between abusing things and having a doctor give you a shot that will send you home to your Father.

Assisted suicide is legal where I live.

Source(s): my opinion