Any thoughts on Steven A. Smith's bias towards USC?

I know this argument is a little old right now, but I was just watching a video on 'Who is the best team outside of the SEC? in 2009?' and Steve A. Smith seems to believe it is USC. Does anyone else find him totally bias towards the Trojans, and that he can't see past USC? Sure Texas isn't the best team anymore, but he totally disregarded them in 2009 and the same goes for the likes of Cincinnati, Boise State, Virginia Tech etc.

Anyone think Steven A. Smith is an idiot?

(Here is the video by the way): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du_60x5fbfo

Youtube thumbnail

Best Answer

Dude, that is Mark May and he is notoriously biased. I can't even rationalize his thought process here. Texas was easily the 2nd best team of 09. They were 13-0 going into the championship game and fought hard against Bama even with their star QB out of the game. Meanwhile, USC struggled to win 9 games and lost to, among others, Arizona and Washington. You have to think that commentators give out these outlandish opinions solely for the purpose of stirring up chit and creating buzz to promote television ratings.

1. Steven A Smith is nowhere near the video, that was Mark May. If he probably said it, then it doesnt make him an idiot

2. For all you haters on here who think Steven A is the worst or among the worst announcers/reporters are crazy. Unlike most of the other cowards at ESPN, Smith spoke his mind and told his opinions rather than being another robot from ESPN. I guess people have a problem with a person who can speak their own minds.

3. Who cares what he says about College Football anyways, he is a basketball analyst for the most part and that's his expertise. Steven A. Smith is the best analyst to ever walk the sets of ESPN. Unlike most of the robots there, he says what he wanna says.

I like Steven A Smith, he is really opinionated and I dont agree with everything he says but I think he is usually very logical. Barkely was suppose to be a stud and USC had an easy schedule so I dont blame him for that, I thought Texas would be the best team outside of the SEC.

Steven A. Smith is the worst commentator in the history of waves being used to generate pictures on television or sounds on the radio.

When someone's opinion goes against the norm every single time he speaks, it tells me that that person is just trying to be "controversial" or different. There's no courage in that. That's just someone who knows that there is a demand on TV and radio for someone who stirs the pot. I have no respect for someone like that. I also have no respect for someone who plays the race card as often as he does.

USC is the default answer to that question for anyone who actually has no idea what they're talking about and didn't want to take any time to really think it through.

• pion

good on ya mate, This scenario has led me to quit looking in any respect at the same time it is so disappointing as rugby is my usual interest,I even tend to think of that once A South African team are enjoying the refs are in many circumstances biased as a rigidity of habit A previous throw back and it makes me mad Thanx for an extremely actual & right down to earth question till the typical public start up finding at something else there is not any longer something extra uninteresting than listening to them praising purely one team ( the favoured Auckland Blues misplaced as nicely) no longer something would be performed to rectify the undertaking till the human beings who can take care of it comprehend that there is a difficulty before everything, as i'm from South Africa i'm going to assert that the commentators have been all appropriate at praising a robust overall performance from any section or person that performed nicely, thanx cheers

• 123

You know he's an idiot when he says "The Big 10 has no good teams" then says "USC has a quality victory over Ohio State (a Big 10 team).

The guy isnt an Idiot, but he sure Plays one well. His oppinions on Ben Rothlisberger, and Allen Iverson, and Tiger woods... he is a Douchebag. and Thats why he isnt on ESPN anymore, because he revealed to them that he is a Douchebag. It is Hard to Take anything he says seriously, because he tends to be SO pro Athlete.. Most of the Time, the Jock, never does anything Wrong, Especially if its a Black Jock. Who cares what he thinks.

Thats Mark May, I think you mistakened it for Smith because maybe you read the add info?

Mark is exactly like Smith, biased loser...

everyone thinks hes an idiot if you havent seen these im sure you will enjoy them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvJGghOuFlQ

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=PlayList&p=33BEED59E78EB81A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

Source(s): youtube and the stephen a smith heckling society of gentlemen