When you see women on the news as commentators, etc. or women weather reporters and they are dressed?

provocatively (showing cleavage,etc) what is your impression? Is this appropriate? Do you feel that they are using their sexuality in order to get a better job? Is this a distraction from their message?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

When I encounter other women in the work place dressed like that I think its both inappropriate and un-business like. Same goes for so called legitimate news casters on television. Just present the news, sports and weather and leave the cleavage out...

• 10 years ago

Well, reporters already have their jobs, so I can't see the sexual nature of their dress being a means of getting the job they already have.

Anyway, I don't think it's inappropriate. They may be proud of their bodies and the way they look. What's wrong with their bodies? If somebody's distracted from the message, it's because they're not paying attention to what matters, not because those women are forcing you to look at their dress.

My impression is that you're either very judgmental or very sensitive.

• 10 years ago

They wouldn't have got their jobs if they weren't dressing that way, this is a big issue in modern corporate world. If thighs, breasts, and butts are part of the job qualifications, you wouldn't believe men can ever make it even if they wore skirts. Still no body call this discrimination, every body is stupid enough to think women are oppressed in the work place

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

In CA I don't think many women do that.

I think there should just be a set standard of clothes...a dress code, if you will. Or perhaps they should have uniform-like-suits that they wear everytime they're on the news.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Isnt that what this whole darn world is about sex sells apparently

its a shame look at the commercials/ If you buy this certain razor you'll have 100 girls running after you

Source(s): TV MAGAZINES
  • 10 years ago

Works for me...though I think sideline reporters during sports events are pretty useless... it's like, cool, you're nice to look at, what important information do you have for us? "Coach you're losing 21-0 at halftime, what does your team need to do?" Score some points & win obviously...wish I could get paid for that...

• 10 years ago

I tend to think that some professions, ( journalists, doctors, teachers, bankers) are " conservative" and should dress as such.....................for those who choose not to, I make NO assumptions as to their skills, only as to their manner of dress. It has been in the past, difficult for me to take those who "flaunt" themselves, seriously.

I would not ask someone wearing a " vegan" t-shirt, how to dress wild game......................

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I can't think of ever having seen this.

Perhaps you could provide a link? Because, I don't believe that networks would feel this was acceptable, either.

• 10 years ago

Truthfully, I really wish they weren't, its hard enough for me to keep my mind pure as it is, I don't need her throwing more stones into my pack, yes and yes to the last two questions.

• 10 years ago

I think they should do their job naked.

And the men too.

Clothes are distracting

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.