No such thing as white horses?!?

Hello there, We had a test in my 4-H club. One of the questions was: What are the 5 basic coat colors for horses? I put "white" as one of my answers. It was marked wrong. Apparently there's no such thing. The explanation I got was that to be white would mean it's albino, and therefore dead... show more Hello there,
We had a test in my 4-H club. One of the questions was: What are the 5 basic coat colors for horses? I put "white" as one of my answers. It was marked wrong. Apparently there's no such thing. The explanation I got was that to be white would mean it's albino, and therefore dead [usually]. I know that the skin can't be black because it's otherwise a gray. But I'm pretty sure there are 'technically' white horses.
Don't start on color theory... my brain will explode. Are there registered white horses?