Choosing single parenthood (sorry if it's a bit long, I like to explain in detail, lol)?

If you want to get straight to the question, scroll to the bottom lol I am choosing single parenthood via AI/sperm donation.I have found a wonderful sperm bank that is taking "identity release" donation to a whole other level and offering video interviews of donors.I am lucky to be able to show my... show more If you want to get straight to the question, scroll to the bottom lol

I am choosing single parenthood via AI/sperm donation.I have found a wonderful sperm bank that is taking "identity release" donation to a whole other level and offering video interviews of donors.I am lucky to be able to show my future child more than just a piece of paper with herritage and medical history.The "package" as I like to call it includes a 30-min. interview with the donor, along with an extended questionaire in his writing, a adult picture and a baby photo of donor.

I am so happy that this bank offers this service and some guys are willing to do this even though they know their identities will basically be blown.I think this is something a child would treasure growing up until they are able to meet their father (unlike ann. donors which I disagree with)

I am confident in my parenting abilities as I cared for a child (infant - toddler) when the parents skipped out on him and didn't want to parent him.I've gained much experience from him and learned a few tricks of the trade.I own my own home, and in a more than stable financial position- that is not my worry.I have friends from all different backgrounds including single parenthouse holds, so naturally, I went to them before making this decision and talked with them about how they grew up, their feelings about their position etc. The ones who are emotionally disconnected are the ones who had a single parent that didn't actually act like a parent although I know everyone is different.

Question for single parents or kids brought up in single households, what advice do you have? for the kids/adults- what are you grateful for that your parent did? what did you wish your parent did?

parents- what advice do you have for a soon to be single mother?

As of now, I only plan on one child but I am storing a few extra viles from the same donor in case I want another child.
Update: Cleopatra, I never asked your opinion on the situation.Especially an ignorant one like yours.Natural instinct? Natural instinct is procreation.Do you suggest I go hoe it around town to make a child? I don't think so.If you knew anything about raising a child in the wild, you would know that most fathers... show more Cleopatra, I never asked your opinion on the situation.Especially an ignorant one like yours.Natural instinct?
Natural instinct is procreation.Do you suggest I go hoe it around town to make a child? I don't think so.If you knew
anything about raising a child in the wild, you would know that most fathers don't stick around in the wild.A hit it
and quit it type of deal to procreate.Mothers raise the children 24/7 until they are old enough to survive on their own.
My situation has nothing to do with giving your child away so don't project those feelings on my situation.

And yes, I do agree that animals are smarter than humans.This world is chaos from humans.