"Fridge magnets cause cancer", RIDICULOUS, how can I explain my mother this is a lame hoax?
group 1 of mice ate food stored in a fridge
group 2 ate food from the same fridge´s model but it had a bunch of decorative magnets on the door
"all the group 2 mice developed cancer" and it says the electricity of the fridge increased the electromagnetic force of the magnets causing this "waves" or whatever to get strong enough to alter the food stored inside.
----------My opinion (please comment)
1- ANY FRIDGE has magnetic edges all over the door to remain closed (so forget the small ones)
2- the door has thick isolation ... I really doubt any strong magnet can traverse the door and affect something on the inside
3- the electrical power supply of the fridge cant affect the little magnets , (our fridge, by the way has other material on the outside..more plastic like but somehow the magnets still glue on it)
4- if this was a single bit true ...then why on earth are magnets officially banned? and why on earth havent the students got their own tv show and nobel price? (and be declared saviours of the universe)
Any other suggestios?
Can you please gimme some scientific proof that explains that those small fridge magnets are not damaging the food.
PS I know and Ive read scientific and medical professional documents regarding dangers of people with pacemakers that get close to magnets http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/uvahealth/peds_cardiac/lwp.cfm
Answer ONLY if you can share some knowledge that clarifies my doubts