LCN asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

About a horror movie from the '80 or before...?

Every time this evil woman gets killed, a finger would move and she would come back to life again. I think in one scene she got killed in a car crash, but since it was so many years ago, back in the '80, I might have confused it for another movie.

So, what movie could this be guys?

Elcon

Favorite Answer

This is about a man, not a woman, but the finger movement reminds me of this movie:

The Medusa Touch (1978)

IMDb synopsis:

John Morlar (Richard Burton) is watching the British television broadcast when an anchorman states that American astronauts are trapped in orbit around the moon. Suddenly someone in Morlar's room picks up a figurine and strikes him on the head repeatedly. His blood splatters the television screen. A French police inspector, Brunel (Lino Ventura), arrives at Morlar's apartment to begin an investigation. At first he thinks Morlar is dead, but soon he hears him breathe. At the hospital, Morlar is hooked up to life support systems, one machine in particular monitors the activity of his battered brain. Brunel discovers that Morlar has been in psychological analysis because of his history of being witness to many disasters, other people's disasters. Dr. Zonfeld (Lee Remick), Morlar's analyst, explains that Morlar's delusions had begun when he was a child. He believed that he had caused a hated nanny's death. Morlar's childhood delusions were reinforced at a resort when he overheard his parents discussing him with disapproval. When his parents strolled on top of a cliff, Morlar watched as the family car suddenly pushed them off the cliff to their deaths. One evening, Brunel pores over the mysteries of Morlar's diary and through his scrapbook of disastrous events. Gradually, Brunel begins to develop an opinion of what Morlar was like and begins to wonder if he is chasing a murderer or a victim.

Here's Part 1 on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rT1RUknwtE

Youtube thumbnail

I know that this could be hugely offbase, but, near the end, with Marlar hospitalized from being beaten nearly to death, he continues using the power of his mind to destroy. They unplug him from life support, and he appears to die. Then, the electroencephalogram (EEG) machine starts showing a reading again, and it's obvious that he's coming back, with plans for even greater destruction.

I'll see what I can find any other possibilities.

• delisi

The final days of Disco(1998), Dick Tracy(1990), The Eagle Has Landed(1976), 3 Days of the Condor(1975), Eddie and the Cruisers(1982), and as quickly as Upon a Time in u.s.(1984).