Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Have you ever heard a lobster scream as you slip it's writhing body into a pot of boiling water?

Did it make you so happy?

mmm lobster.

Favorite Answer

Your question reminds me of an experience I had a few years ago. Spouse and I received a gift card to a rather fancy restaurant. Of course we went there. But reading the menu baffled me. I really did not know what those dishes were. One item had something about shrimp. Oh, goody, I know what a shrimp is. So I ordered it. When our waiter approached our table, bearing the shrimp dish, I thought I heard a commotion in the back of the restaurant. People wailing and crying. Then the waiter set the food down in front of me. The screaming (which of course no one else heard) was coming from the shrimp. I never heard anything so terrifying. The waiter explained that the shrimp were so fresh, they were alive a few minutes ago -- before being cooked (alive, of course) in boiling water.

I _ran_ out of the restaurant.

Take it from a chef who has cooked around 1000 lobster in his career, I am from Canada and worked on both coasts, they do not scream, they have no vocal chords. The issues with the crabs you saw on TV moving is a involuntary movement, and yes it is inhumane the way the harvest shark fins, but now alot of the meat is used, I cooked it many times, mako is the nicest, dogfish is very strong. But with the advent of shark cartilidge as a nutrient supplement, they are using more of the shark, but it is not right to just cut off the fins, I am not a fan of shark meat, answered a question the other day from a ex-Icelandic person, they have a dish using a fermented shark meat, it can be a trick just being in the same room with it.

No lobsters don't scream...i just like looking at them in the loster tank in Food Emporium

Source(s): Age - 37..i don't eat seafood

omg, that's so cruel!

No it wouldn't make me happy, it would make me want to go free all the lobsters.

I prefer boiling live veggies in water rather than live animals

I have this mental picture of you wriggling on your seat in glee at the thought of this.

Lmfao!

• That is what it sounds like when doves cry.

yes, sounds like dinner!

why would that make you happy? are you a freak or something?

That's so metal.