Some book recommendations? Mainly horror...?

So, I would like a book that would be any of these genres... Or any combination...

-fantasy

-adventure

-supernatural/horror

-romance

-drama

-humor

I've read Cirque du Freak, Twilight, Vampire Academy(It doesn't have to be about vampires or anything, but yeah.), Artemis Fowl, Uglies, and River(by Skyla Dawn), and I really like them. So maybe something like those.

Thanks. :D

Favorite Answer

I've got a list of young adult books/series you might be interested in. Some are vampires, but mostly they are other kinds of paranormal romance stories. :)

-The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Twenty-four are forced to enter. Only the winner survives. In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Each year, the districts are forced by the Capitol to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the Hunger Games, a brutal and terrifying fight to the death - televised for all of Panem to see.

Survival is second nature for sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who struggles to feed her mother and younger sister by secretly hunting and gathering beyond the fences of District 12. When Katniss steps in to take the place of her sister in the Hunger Games, she knows it may be her death sentence. If she is to survive, she must weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

http://www.amazon.com/Hunger-Games-Suzanne-Collins...

More about the series and links to browse the books:

http://www.scholastic.com/thehungergames/about-the...

EVERYONE needs to read this series!! It's not vampires or a paranormal romance, but it is so good. Catching Fire, book 2 of the HG series is also very good. I absolutely CANNOT wait for Mockingjay (book 3) to release!! August 24 is really too far away. I highly recommend this series. :)

-Generation Dead by Daniel Waters

Phoebe is just your typical goth girl with a crush. He's strong and silent... and dead.

All over the country, a strange phenomenon is happening. Some teenagers who die aren't staying dead. They are coming back to life, but they are no longer the same-they stutter, and their reactions to everything are slower. Termed "living impaired" or "differently biotic," they are doing their best to fit into a society that doesn't want them.

Fitting in is hard enough when you don't have the look or attitude, but when almost everyone else is alive and you're not, it's close to impossible. The kids at Oakvale High don't want to take classes or eat in the cafeteria next to someone who isn't breathing. And there are no laws that exist to protect the differently biotic from the people who want them to disappear-for good.

With her pale skin and Goth wardrobe, Phoebe has never run with the popular crowd. But no one can believe it when she falls for Tommy Williams, the leader of the dead kids. Not her best friend, Margi, whose fear of the differently biotic is deeply rooted in guilt over the past. And especially not her neighbor, Adam, the star of the football team. Adam has just realized his feelings for Phoebe run much deeper than just friendship. He would do anything for her, but what if protecting Tommy is the one thing that would make her happy?

http://www.amazon.com/Generation-Dead-Daniel-Water...

http://www.gendead.com/#/home

This series really breaks my heart!! I adore Adam.

-Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires series) by Rachel Caine

When Claire Danvers arrives in the sleepy Texas town of Morganville for a parentally-enforced year at Texas Prairie University before heading off to MIT, her life takes a turn for the scary. First, the mean girls come after her, but a quick life-saving move to off-campus housing fixes that problem, and introduces her to three new friends: teen rocker Michael Glass, Goth Eve Rosser, and hottie/slacker Shane Collins. But Morganville's got more secrets to reveal, starting with one very big one: It's run by vampires.

http://www.rachelcaine.com/page1/page2/page2.html

Even more YA books:

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (fairies)

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (witches) - I only hear great things about this one!!

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (wolves/shapeshifters) - for me, it was meh. But other people seem to like it

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (angels) - Patch was kinda hot

Demon Princess: Reign or Shine by Michelle Rowen - predictable but still fun!! Michael was hot too. :)

Night World by L.J. Smith (witches)

Thirst by Christopher Pike (vampires)

Graceling by Kristin Cashore (fantasy)

Deadly Little Secret (The Touch Series) by Laurie Faria Stolarz (psychic) - great mystery!!

Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston (fairies)

Token of Darkness by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes (ghosts)

Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn (dragons :P) - I thought it was great!! Hope there's a sequel!! :)

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting (psychic)

A Match Made In High School by Kristin Walker - my sister loves it!!

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (afterlife)

The Summoning (Darkest Powers) by Kelley Armstrong (psychic)

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (fairies)

How To Say Goodbye In Robot by Natalie Standiford (Warning: it is not a love story. That said, my sister and I both LOVED this book)

Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz (vampires)

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan (zombies)

The Mark by Jen Nadol (psychic)

Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld (steampunk fantasy)

A book im pretty sure you'll like it is Percy Jackson and the Olympians It like all the things you want in a book.

• Shelby

Consider reading Dracula. Sure its not new, but it is a classic for a reason.

the inheritance trilogy (eragon, eldest, and brisinger) by christopher paolini really good they fit ur description o and the dragon riders of pern also very good

"tommyknockers" by Stephen King...or actually...anything he writes is pretty good....also "misery" is one my faves