How does one cook eggs with a mug and a microwave?

So you'd crack the eggs into a mug, Stir.. And throw it in the microwave for how long?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Renie
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

ENJOY!

Fried egg:

Break 1 egg into a microwave save bowl. Gently poke the yolk of the egg with a knife. Cover the bowl with a saran wrap or a plate, so the egg does not explode. Put in microwave for 2 to 3 minutes.

Scrambled Egg:

Crack 2 eggs in bowl and scrambled with fork. Cover bowl and place in microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir 1 or 2 times to make sure the eggs cooked thoroughly.

Hard-Boiled Egg:

Break 1 egg into bowl. Gently poke the yolk of egg with a knife. Cover the bowl and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until hard. Gently stir occasionally to make sure the egg is cooked throughout. The egg may not appear pretty, but once you cut it up finely over a salad, all that matters is the taste.

Poached Egg:

Pour 1/3 cup of water into bowl. Break 2 eggs into bowl. Poke the yolks with a knife. Cover bowl and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Let stand until whites are set and yolks are thick but not hard. Pour out the water and serve in bowl or lift egg out onto plate.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Perfect Paleo Recipe Guide : http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?OlbT
  • 3 years ago

Egg In A Cup Microwave

• 10 years ago

We've never used a mug, but have used bowls and such, same principal.

Either rub butter or Oil around the inner surface of the mug, I would scramble them or the yolk will potentially explode. Add spices, herbs, cheese, whatever at the beginning and cook for about a minute, stir and cook another minute. Assuming 2-3 eggs.

Eggs will expand and contract as they cook, like a ballooning marshmallow, so be careful not to fill more than half way. Also they tend to get a bit rubbery and take on a green tinge around the edges if overcooked in the microwave. It's completely edible, just funky looking. (Add cheese and hide)

It's not the preferred method of cooking, but with experimentation, is a viable, quick way to nuke a quick high protein meal.

Good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Be sure to spray the mug with a cooking spray or the eggs will stick. Break the yokes so the eggs don't burst. Microwave for one minute, remove from microwave and flip. Microwave for 20 seconds.

• Jard
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

cook eggs mug microwave

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

RE:

How does one cook eggs with a mug and a microwave?

So you'd crack the eggs into a mug, Stir.. And throw it in the microwave for how long?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks.

Source(s): cook eggs mug microwave: https://trimurl.im/b41/how-does-one-cook-eggs-with...
  • 10 years ago

I would go with what Renie said. Instead of a mug, I used a tupperware before. Worked like Magic!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

one does not

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.