Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 10 years ago

reverse mortgage for under 62?

i am a disabled man age 59 and my spouse is 50. because of huge medical costs my credit is in the toilet. i have a limited income and i am on social security disability. i own my home in oregon outright. the value is approx $300,000. i desperately need some repairs done on the home in order to put it on the market. cant qualify for conventional loan but need to borrow the funds. where can i and is it possible that there is a reverse mortgage available for us. only need to borrow about $20,000 but cant repay until the home sells and closes. any ideas?

Best Answer

You won't qualify for a reverse mortgage due to your age. However you could probably take out a hard equity loan. This is a loan through a private lender and they usually don't require a credit check since the loan is over-collateralized by the value of the home.

The costs are steep and the interest rates are usually very high but they could probably easily lend you the funds you need to bridge you to closing. Be VERY careful with these lenders however. Seek out a reputable mortgage broker in your area and make sure its someone you can trust. You can easily be taken advantage of with those loans, so you need to find someone who can get you a decent deal. Be prepared to be shocked by the costs. I'm not kidding when I say that these loans can be expensive. Oh, and if you find a deal that sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Make sure you read the fine print.

Good luck.

You need to sell and move. This is the only way you will free up funds.

Unless you can qualify for a HELOC or have credit left on credit cards, you won't be able to do the repairs first. The price will take a hit of approximately the same amount.

If you have owned and lived in your house for at least 2 of the last 5 years, you can exclude $500K of gain so this would not be a taxable event.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

reverse mortgage for under 62?

i am a disabled man age 59 and my spouse is 50. because of huge medical costs my credit is in the toilet. i have a limited income and i am on social security disability. i own my home in oregon outright. the value is approx $300,000. i desperately need some repairs done on the home in order to...

Source(s): reverse mortgage 62: https://shortly.im/xtj1q

I actually don't think you can you can have a reverse mortgage under 62, because law is a law. But maybe you actually go to some financial experts and look for other solutions.

The absolutely free reverse email lookup sites generally provide false information, they just want your email to send you spam. To get real information, money will have to be paid.

Also, stay away from shady reverse email lookup sites, most likely you won't get any information after you make the payment. Not to mention you won't get a report and you won't get an answer if you try to call for a refund. Stick with a reputable reverse phone lookup site like http://www.emailtracer.org that has been around since 1997.

Definitely a tough situation. When it comes to a reverse mortgage it is base upon the age of the youngest resident of the house. That person must be age 62 or older.

Source(s): Asked a mortgage lender :)

AUto Loan,Home Loan,Business Loan,Education Loan,debt Consuldilation,Health Loan

Life Inssuance,Large Capital Business Loan for duration period of up to 50Years

our firm Lunace Loans(Beijing China) register under the china international

loan scheme for forigns and overseas applicants

with a interest rate of 5%.

For Your request,financial advice,inquires, or application Form

contact our costumer care

lunaceloans55@yahoo.com

Your service is our uppermost desire

Hello Every One,

I am Noelle Mason by name, I live in Queenland Aloomba Australia, just a few weeks ago I was in

search for a loan of $ 70,000 Dollars, as i was running out of money for

feeding and my bills. I was scammed about $6,500 Dollars and I decided not to

involve my self in such business again finally A Friend

of my introduced me to a loan firm due to my appearance and doings. I made a

trial and I am most grateful am I today, I was given a loan amount of $90,000

Dollars by this great firm Scott Micro finance Foundation, managed by Mr.Scott Spencer.

If you are in need of a genuine or legit loan or financial assistance and you

can be reliable and trusted of capable of paying back at the due time of the

funds I will advice you to, contact him via scottspencer43@yahoo.com And you will be free from scams in the internet. My lovely Husband extend is greeting to you also if not for you i can't imagine the way life should be for my family today.You are the one who remove me and my family out of poverty,my family extends their greeting to you.

Hello, Am Mr. Roland from United State. I saw your ad online regarding your request for a loan from a genuine loan lender. I was once in your position searching for a loan online when i came across so many fake lenders who especially are from Africa . I will advise you to be very careful of whom you transact business with online. If you have not gotten your loan and you are still searching for a genuine lender, i will advise you send an email to T&T LOAN FIRM immediately with this email: ttravis@blumail.org because that was were i got my loan worth $60,000 USD. The MD of the company is a God fearing person so you have nothing to worry about once you are able to meet up with the terms and obligation of this company, you will be getting your loan i assure you that. Am doing this just because we all are brothers and sisters, so please be wise.

Roland

I am Mr. Helen Chater from Hollywood, I am so much in need of loan of $20,000 for business start up and I got a contact of standard loan firm from Mr. Katrina Moore on how she got loan from them then I apply and the loan was approve and transfer to me that is why I want to advise all those seeking for loan to contact with this email standard_loanfirm@live.com.