What is it with Cancer?

Everybody I speak to has a friend or knows somebody who has Cancer. I have had it and now my wife has. There seems to me to be an underlying trend for it to spread. Is it diet, Motor vehicle exhaust fumes, Remnants of past nuclear tests and explosions, or even perhaps Chernobyl?. It seems strange to me that it is... show more Everybody I speak to has a friend or knows somebody who has Cancer. I have had it and now my wife has. There seems to me to be an underlying trend for it to spread. Is it diet, Motor vehicle exhaust fumes, Remnants of past nuclear tests and explosions, or even perhaps Chernobyl?. It seems strange to me that it is becoming increasingly common.
Update: It has recently been announced that various chemicals in plastics, toiletries, furniture fireproofing and many other sources are carcinogenic. These were not available years ago. ergo. Cancer rates must be rising.