Cultural Icon Poll: Do you think we will still enjoy The Andy Griffith Show 20 or 30 years from now?

To me, it seems like one of those shows that will still be enjoyable many, many years from now. What do you think?

B.Q. - Do you agree that black and white Andy is good and in-color Andy is bad? That roughly correlates with Shows With Barney and Shows Without Barney, by the way.

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

If decent-minded, moral, ethical people with basic human compassion, manners and conservative values survive in this world ... I think they will appreciate the wisdom that may be found in the life-lessons exhibited in these shows. Basic human decency and morals seem to be more and more under attack these days (just isn't "cool, dawg"). Shows like this were from a much more innocent time, when people lived simply, loved deeply and genuinely cared for each other. Anyone would do well, to emulate Andy and appreciate the wisdom he passed to Opie. Might do a lot of people some good to just go fishin' every now and then. (A good whuppin' might do 'em some good, too!)

I'll probly love segments of that show forever, "Um Barney, gimme yer bullet" LOLOLOLOL

"Yowee Andy, can I at least put on the siren?"

I think the story lines weren't affected so much by colorization, but actually OTIS is my fave character, just cuz he's like family, hahaha.

Color TV made a big difference in a technical sense in the makeup and stuff and the sets that were suddenly not workin as well in the change. Thank God AINT Bea had a closet fulla aprons too.

The Andy Griffith show came during the end of a great age in human history. If ever things get destroyed & we have a chance to start over, I pray for find the old Andy seasons & start educating the world's future rebuilders to behave in that manner & with those moral codes & with the sense of decency & self-respect & honor & with that level of honosty & decency & with that level of devotion to parenthood & with their sense of accountability to one another for their actions....I could go on & on! We could do far worse!

• Not sure I'll be around to see it but if I am I will still enjoy them. I liked the old Black and White to. Barney made the show.

Yes. These old shows are superior to the new shows in every way. There is no comparison. This show ran for about 8 seasons. It lost some popularity after Don Knotts the bumbling Barney Fife left.

• Bones

I think so. Its nice to look back on the 'good ol days' plus, in 20 or 30 years the world will probably be much more messed up than it is now, so it'll be even nicer to watch them.

BQ: Yea! I love the black and white ones, the color ones just arent as good

Never got into Andy Griffith.

Now, the chicks on Pettycoat Junction were HOT. I even knew that back when I was a small kid.

I watched shows like Welcome Back Kotter, and Good Times and stuff.

The Bowery Boys is a show I hope is watched when I am an old man. Same goes w/ Abbott & Costello

It's not my favorite show, but I like it and probably always will. Won't watch color Andy, though... just over the top silly. One of my all-time favorite shows is I Love Lucy, and The Andy Griffith Show was a Desilu production.

EDIT:

Slave2luv

*blocked*

I know we will for sure still be whistling the theme song!! LOL I like the B&W shows the best, I think. I never really paid any attention to the color ones being sans Barney - now I'll have to go look! Thanks!

Andy Griffith in 20 years will be like

us watching the 1920's non talkies

honestly, I tried, but I cannot watch them,♥