Why do people like Lady freakin' Gaga so much?

imo she's a talentless twit who tries to be creative/original, and instead just throws whatever random crap she can into her video. She looks to have the skin texture of an aged leather handbag, and has eyes like a dead raccoon. Her voice sounds like a cat caught in a hollow tube with its balls caught in barbed wire.

What's the attraction?

• SE
    Favorite Answer

Because she's wonderful.

Let's start with her music, yes?

I don't why you think Lady Gaga can't sing. She is an amazing singer, both live and in the studio. Her lyrics in have deeper meanings than most people think: for example, the song 'Dance In The Dark' is about somebody who has low self-esteem and is uncomfortable with their body ('baby loves to dance in the dark, 'cause when he's looking she falls apart'). A load of Gaga's songs are like that. She's been writing songs since she was 13/14. She can sing slow songs, fast songs, she can cover songs. She writes all of her songs and has written songs for others (Britney, Pussy Cat Dolls, Michael Bolton). She can do it all.

Anyway, I digress, I think Gaga is a great performer - she can sing (live), dance, play piano, interact with the audience to an amazing extent. Go look up The Monster Ball on YouTube - she puts 150% into everything she does.

And I guess in your lovely opinion, this is what a bad singer sounds like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7HvURBhMGE

Youtube thumbnail

..really? Obviously she's a bad singer, right? That's why she's performed for Barack Obama and the Queen of England and performed with Sir Elton John and Beyoncé. Madonna went to one of her Monster Ball dates. Oh, and funnily enough she's been praised by so many celebrities (Madonna, Boy George, Elton John, Beyoncé, Katy Perry) and Michael Jackson wanted to work with her! Of course, this leads us to believe Lady Gaga is untalented, right? >_>

What else can I say..?

She's a kind person. She donated all one of her concert proceedings to Haiti. Cyndi Lauper and herself are working together to raise awareness for HIV/AIDS. She spoke at the National Equality March (LGBT) - she clearly believes in equality for all. That tends to be a good thing. And she actually cares for her fans, loves us. She is outrageous and interesting - and about her dress sense, there's a few people she could be compared with but even then nobody has taken it to the extent that Gaga has.

And I think Gaga is beautiful. But if you are commenting on how you think her skin has the texture of 'an aged leather handbag', why would that matter to why people like and dislike her? One of the reasons you don't like her is because of her eyes and her skin? Don't judge. Looks mean nothing - Susan Boyle is a great example of that.

She's pretty, funny, hardworking... She's not letting the fame get to her head.

I know not everyone is going to like her, but that's just some of the reasons is why I like her.

</rant>

And I can tell this is freakishly long. Sorry about that.

Source(s): all the freaks are outside and we've locked the fcking doors.
  • Susan

She's an amazing woman. A combination of weird and unique. Sort of Luna Lovegood-ish, ya know? I know people think she's trashy, but that's being sexist, why can't she choose what's her style like? Although I don't have much opinion about her videos, maybe it's just that I don't think I'm comfortable with watching them around my young cousins or whatever. Though, her style, her music are awesome. GO GAGA!

You know what..i admire anyone these days who can sit in front of a microphone, open their mouth, and actually sing...Lady Gaga can do that.

She is definitely out there and extremely different and HEAPS of people don't like her because of that..but..to call her talentless just isn't right.

Im not taking your opinion away from you, you obviously don't like her..i don't like some people that other people love..i just think that regardless of our tastes we should always remember that at the end of the day a singer should be able to sing...and she can.

I don't like her, because she's tooooooo wierd. I don't like crazy out there stuff and i like singers who don't need their voices chopped to pieces to sound good. Some people like her though because they want to be trendy and like what everyone else likes instead of looking for talent.

Was searching for an answer on this too

thats your opinion. many people actually like listening to her music. that is why she is popular..because people enjoy her songs. lots of people hate her too.

the point is that people have different tastes in music. just listen to what you like.

• liz

The attraction is exactly what you have written, I think she is ace, a very clever woman with no talent but mega bucks in the bank.

You have to hand it to her....

• Damita

Well,I don't like her music,but her song "Speechless".I think her style is scary,but I just like her voice.

Mr.Gaga is horrible, if you go on youtube and Liston to Chris Duaghtry sing Poker Face compared to hers it is one hundred times better.

I guess it's a case of each to their own.