How do the american people really feel about the new heath care bill being passed ?

I mean are u happy or not?

How will this have an effect on our future?

How will this affect you?

• Raider
    Favorite Answer

A good many are upset about this legislation passing.

No I am not happy.

This will certainly make things really rough politically for the next several years.

This legislation will make our personal cost for health insurance much higher than it is now. With both of us retired it is not possible for us to increase our income all that easily.

L8r

I believe some things needed to change but this was not the right way to do it. I am not happy about this. There will be so many problems come up. Not only will we be paying for people who really do need the extra help but also paying for those who choose to smoke, drink, eat unhealthy etc. Also, elective surgeries will probably become a problem. They should probably be paid for by the person but what if it is a medical complication such as a deviated septum causing bloody noses or someone in need of a breast reduction for back pain. Do we really want politics deciding who deserved health care and who doesn't? And this gives them more reason to tax things that are not healthy which may seem fine at first but could eventually make it hard to buy the things we enjoy, where is it up to the government to rule our lives so much!?!

socialism was the end of Argentina's prosperity and freedom and it will now end ours. Those who screamed for freedom of choice when it came to abortion(baby killing) wait until you see your choices disappear now. The government will decide if and when you need that eye surgery, or that knee replacement, or that cancer treatment, or that heart surgery, or that antibiotic, etc, etc. And even if they allow you to get the treatment you need, they will tell you to wait in line and if your dead before you get to the end of the line, Oh well!! This is not a fantasy, just ask people who came from socialized medicine societies. I have and they described exactly what I described above, after all, where do you think I got it. And if you think our government will be honest and efficient with the health care? How efficient have they been with social security??? Medicare and Medicaid are on the verge of bankruptcy, the government did a great job there, didn't they??? All I can say now is this government has approached the edge of tyranny. If the American people voted these goons into power, then I guess the American people deserve what they get, at least some of them.

My parents are honestly going crazy over it...

Most polls say the american people oppose it, and if you ask me.. all the senators and the house members are going to get thrown out because they havent been listening to the american people..

Its going to affect everyone because of the large debt..we will be paying taxes out our ears..(well i will)

ill be in college in about 4 years and its going to hit me horribly when i want to get a job, buy a house, or just spend..

I dont think the bill is a good idea..

Source(s): family, news, class
  • Gellar

I am unhappy with it. I do not feel that people without health insurance should be forced to buy insurance or pay a fine. Also as a healthcare worker, I think it is going to negatively effect my job. I also think that Obama pushed way to hard to get this thing passed. He cancelled an overseas trip to push this bill...which says he values this stupid bill more than he does our international relations. There are more important and urgent things that he could be worrying about that this bill.

Every other government program is literally bankrupt, so I have little confidence this will not do much except raise taxes, ration care, lower quality and availability, increase insurance prices, and add to government power and corruption and control over people.

You can't just ask for a broad generalization. Every American is different and we all have our own opinions about it.

I know all of you think we're all a single-minded peoples, but we're not

'The American People' don't have a singular feeling about it. The majority feeling is known already, which is they disapprove of it.

This article summarizes very well my feelings

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/capitalhi...

An organized criminal organization is physically forcing me to purchase a product from specific companies. How can anyone be happy with this?

I dont have health insurance, I cant afford it. I don't know much about it but what I do know I dont like.