Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 10 years ago

virgin media broadband customers?

do you use virgin medias total security ?

would you recommend it as a reliable antivirus, spyware, identity theft programme ?

can i run it alongside microsoft security essentials ?

Best Answer

I'm with VM, and to be honest, I don't use their anti-virus software. If I were you I would stick to Microsoft Security Essentials as it is very good. If you decide to install VM's anti-virus, un-install MSE as anti-viruses can sometimes attack each other.

I hope this helps.

Source(s): VM customer, IT Technician, MSE user

Virgin media is expensive compared to the general market. I decided not to use them, as the speed (for me in a big city) was slower than my 25mb ADSL broadband via talktalk. I pay (inducing my line rental and free calls eve & weekend £21 per month) With Virgin media the same would cost more and be slower. Another reason I decided not to use Virgin, is the customer service, the advisers are clueless, they did not understand basic terminology. Also Virgin (after they took ages finding out) admitted the use 'traffic shaping'. This is not a good thing for the customer, as the last thing you need is Virgin turning down your internet speed whenever they feel like, just to cram more connection onto a already full capacity connection. P.s The speed is not Guaranteed at 10mb, very very rare to get the max speed. Your more likely to get between 6mb and 8mb speed (slower when Traffic shaping is being used). The letter you got is a lie, read the small print for the truth. Anyhow, as you dont the the large section of provides city folk have, maybe its your best option.