whats the name of this movie?

i remember seeing this movie on sci-fi channel. and all i can remember of it was a big piece of cement broke off of i think it was the statue of the presents heads. and when it hit the ground it caused a big shook. then the ground started collapsing that made some kind of line. and that line was getting so big, it started going down the middle of the usa. so they sent out the national guards to try to stop the line. so in the movie they sent out an emergency call to the people letting them know its heading there way, and to gather most of there belongings and leave there homes right away. but at the end of the movie the line finally reached the bottom of the usa, and allot of the ocean water ended up going through the line. so do anyone know what movie i'm talking of? thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

10.5: Apocalypse (2006 TV miniseries)

starring Beau Bridges (as the U.S. president!), Kim Delaney, Dean Cain, Peter Outerbridge, Frank Langella

IMDb synopsis:

Another massive 10.5 quake tears apart the West Coast, threatening to turn the American landscape into a hellish wasteland. Seismologist Samantha Hill sees an even greater threat: an ever-widening fault line that's heading straight for the country's two largest nuclear reactors. If a meltdown occurs, millions will die. Samantha and the American president agree only one man can help them-the scientist who predicted this terrifying natural disaster years before-Samantha's own father, Dr. Earl Hill, now counted as a possible casualty of a massive Las Vegas quake. Together with a crack rescue team including Brad and Will, Samantha must find her father and stop the fault from slicing uncontrollably toward millions of people and the ultimate nuclear apocalypse.

IMDb review excerpt:

The visual effects, though, are the real star of the show, when they work. The destruction of Hoover Dam is an amazing sight, one which a witness compares to Niagara Falls. I would agree. The so-called "rift fault" that races across the country also looks good. Later, George Washington's face falls off Mount Rushmore in another small victory for the visual effects crew.

IMDb review excerpt:

Probably the best part of the film is the surprise ending where the fault does split the country in two.

Here's a clip from the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3sWmixQjIs

Youtube thumbnail

It's the sequel to this:

10.5 (2004 TV miniseries)

IMDb synopsis:

An earthquake reaching a 10.5 magnitude on the Richter scale, strikes the west coast of the United States and Canada. A large portion of land falls into the ocean, and the situation is worsened by aftershocks and tsunami.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • blidge
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Thrillers: Abduction The Roomate Any of those new tween "thrillers" were they spend 20 minutes on the script, thoroughly brushing off desirable tale, personality developement ect. and once the target audience see's someone use a weapon of a few form they imagine that is the most interesting new aspect considering that sliced bread. BQ: David Fincher: Se7en, strive against club, the girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Panic Room, the game, Zodiac (dazzling director) BQ2: Soma- The Smashing Pumpkins Debaser - Pixies leap into the Fog - The Wombats Dumb - Nirvana BQ3: Lake Mungo, marvelous horror action picture, very creepy. I watched it about a week and a 1/2 in the past and regrettably i have not considered any videos considering that thenbecause of faculty starting up back. i quite have not gotten used to going decrease back yet and am looking very problematical. :)

• 1 decade ago

Are you talking about the movie with brittany murphy? Its called MegaFault. In that movie it has the ground collapsing in a line and then water coming in. Heres the imdb site for the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1436432/

Source(s): imdb...and my brain.
  • 1 decade ago

It could be 2012 but then again i have seen this movie but previews show the end of the world. by end of the world i mean the US

apparently only crap like that happens there

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.