Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

What makes a Jerusalem Cricket a "good pet"?

I found one in my boyfriend's back yard. At first I thought it was a gigantic spider but after I just typed in a description, I found out it was a really big cricket. While reading about it, a lot of people said that they made good pets, but no one will say WHY. Maybe it's self explanatory and I'm just missing it, but can someone explain why a cricket, and that one in particular, would be a good pet?

Favorite Answer

I have no clue...i keep regular black and brown crickets to feed to my lizards, and I would not keep them as pets. They are kinda disgusting, they eat each other given half a chance (literally they chew legs off each other), they have this gross fishy odour, and if you ever handle them with your bare hands they bite. The only way I could class them as good pets is that they are very low maintenance and easy to care for. But yeah, thats about it really.