Is taking pictures of yourself inside a store with your cell phone or a digital camera illegal?

i was at the mall with my friend the other day and we went to aeropostale and we saw hat and decided to take a pic with it.One of the employees in aeropostale said we weren't allowed to take pictures inside the store and just left off. Later that day we went to another store and someone else(a B$%#^) that... show more i was at the mall with my friend the other day and we went to aeropostale and we saw hat and decided to take a pic with it.One of the employees in aeropostale said we weren't allowed to take pictures inside the store and just left off. Later that day we went to another store and someone else(a B$%#^) that didn't even work there said no photographs lol and we told her off and she just left but anyway what is so wrong about taking pictures in the store with your camera they are just harmless pictures.