sporty_14 asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Justin Upton or Jason Bay?

My outfielders are

Ichiro Suzuki

Jason Bay

Julio Borbon

His team is

Justin Upton

Nelson Cruz

Hunter Pence

Am I better for it?

Favorite Answer

Bay goes great with the other two, make up for the others weakness

If you are choosing between just Jason Bay and just Justin Upton, it is not even close. Jason Bay is in a much bigger ballpark this year and has seen a drop in batting average each of the past 3 years. Justin Upton is only getting better and better. Not even close, Upton allllll the way!!

• cole

Bay is the definition of consistency. Upton is the definition of incredible upside. I love Upton, and if you a player that loves taking risks with players with lots of potential then you take Upton over Bay. You have a lot of speed, and many runs, so Bay is probably the better bet for you even though he is in the spacious Citi Field. I like both sets of OFs. Personally, I would want his because I am a big fan of Cruz, and Upton, since they are such upside players. It is all guts right now though ;).

• jeter

upton is better than bay and bay is older while upton is only getting better and you could figure by bay moving to a pitchers park with fewest ranked HRs his avrg and power will drop. bay does give some injury concerns

Overall I think his team has more upside and way more power and nearly the same number of stolen bases, but you should out do him in that category. I would rather have his team honestly.