What is the worst lie anyone has ever told you?

I have an ex who called me up one day to say that he had AIDS. Waiting three days for the test results was the most agonizing thing I've ever done! (It came back negative, twice, by the way). Worst part is, he's 25; time to grow up.

What about you? What's the most horrid lie anyone has ever told you?

Just curious!

Best Answer

A guy I was seeing phoned me late one afternoon and told me his grandmother had died and that he wouldn't be able to take me to my work function that night. I was very sorry for his loss and said that I'd give the function a miss so I could spend the time with him. He insisted I go because he was going to be with his family.

I found out the next day through a mutual friend that he spent the night clubbing and that his grandmother was alive and well.

And people wonder why I have trust issues!

That I speak Italian to my sister xD I've had this lie goign since the kindergarton. I went to a private catholic school kindergarton while my sister did not, so I told her we learned it. For the first couple times she beleived me, and she would ask me to say stuff, and I just made something random up. But as she started making more and more friends, some who were italian she knew I was lying. Worst part? She takes Italian in the high school now, so she acutally knows how to speak it ! LOL, oh well, I'll never give up on this one. She knows I'm lying but somethign about telling her I don't speak it just feels weird, it's like an insider we've had since we were young. Lmao, xD (:

He wasnt lying dear, if your CD4 count is more than 800 they cant detect HIV. Its different from AIDS. And if you had sex while being well lubricated with no lacerations you may actually have escaped getting the virus. We have the proof here in Africa where a man dies of it and the wife living in the rural areas is negative. Organic food, excercise, fresh air, she is strong as an ox. And of course when they did it she was ready.

good luck and congratulations on being negative. Happy for you.

And HIV is not the end of the world. You can survive up to 20 years or more - especially in a western country.

I was with a guy and when i tried to end the relationship he told me he had a brain tumor and didn't know how long he had to live friends were telling me they didn't believe him but i couldn't believe he would make something up like that and was worried that if i did doubt it and anything happened to him i would never forgive myself for doubting him. He did admit in the end it was a lie.

• CSE

Everything I was told in sunday school.

It took me years to be able to extract the religious teachings from my world view, and even today it is not completely gone. Because I was so young when I was indoctrinated, for as long as I live my world view is going to be tainted from that, and nothing I do can ever change that.

• ha, thats pretty bad.

my ex who i dated for 5 months said he was single but it turned out that he was married and his wife was pregnant with his baby while he was seeing me on the side. he played everything so well, i never once thought that he was with anyone. i was so upset but it was horrible on behalf of his wife. and sadly i suppose (especially for the kid), they broke up right afterwards. x

Maybe he didn't lie. Maybe he does have them and you just got lucky or he got it after you and him broke up.

my EX-boyfriend once told be he was a girl on april fools day i believed him. Hence why he is my EX-BOYFRIEND

I just got car today

so that's why i couldn't come over.

she was my cousin and shes 11 years old!

That she loved me and still desired me when she didn't anymore.