Are there really people that have psychic abilities?

I was reading an article about psychics, and I was wondering if they are people who really are psychic

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Miz T
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The academics at Duke University wondered the same thing and established the Rhine Institute for research in the field. Other organizations have been established to study paranormal phenomena. There are few verifiable conclusions, and such research has fallen on hard times. However, some who claim to have psychic abilities seem to have them, and psychics have been used by law enforcement agencies to aid in locating crime victims and other related purposes.

And then there's Oscar the Cat: http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2007-07-26-fo... and the epileptic-seizure-predicting dog in "My Sister's Keeper."

Perhaps the easy dismissal of human psychic ability is a bit premature.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

No. There's a professional stage magician names James Randi who goes by the name "The Amazing Randi," and he set up a fund for anyone to bring him proof of psychic phenomenon. Here's the site, http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.h...

The problem is that in all of the years that he's had this challenge going, he's never had anyone claim it. No one can predict the future or read minds or move objects with their thoughts.

• 10 years ago

Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary and reserved. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. You pride yourself on being an independent thinker and do not accept others' opinions without satisfactory proof. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety, and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. Disciplined and controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside.

Your sexual adjustment has presented some problems for you. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a strong need for other

Source(s): No, there aren't. If you're susceptible to belief in, well, nonsense like psychics, there is something wrong with your thought process. Either you give credence to claims without any evidence, or you have flawed standards of evidence. In either case, you owe it to yourself to read Carl Sagan's "the demon-haunted world" to prevent this kind of thing from happening again. http://anoniversity.org/lang/src/Carl_Sagan_-_The_...
  • 10 years ago

I think that there are psychics, but then there are religions prophets as well- the Bible talks of avoiding psychics because there wisdom can come from evil, and be to deceive you rather then help you.. it's best not to venture into these 'dark magic' types of things and stick to wisdom that can edify and help you

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Yes there are psychics

• glory
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Yes

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Why would any one admit it if they were? In this red neck world, even the good ole' USA someone with "magic" abilities would either be captured and "studied" by the military or intelligence community or seized by religious fanatics and probably killed.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I am. I'm sensing that you have a lot on your plate. That you're having trouble juggling kids and work, but that you wouldn't trade it for the world.

• 10 years ago

I don't really think of it as Psycic its more like people who use more than 10% of there brain

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

a few do, but not all the time

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.