Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 10 years ago

DS: Which DS regulars do you feel are particularly good at explaining or phrasing things?

You know where somebodyt has written the exact thing you want to say but much, much much better, where every sentence is clear, simple and not ambiguous? Who are they for you?

I personally would love to explain things as well as La vita e misteriosa (sorry if I got it wrong), whose answers just seem to flow... do you know what I mean? Rayven too who packs a punch with her answers. If this was physical, she'd be hitting people over the head with a fry pan.

LG: What is the least pleasant dog-related chore? Picking up after your dogs, grooming, feeding, bathing...?

FAIL!! Computers & Internet > Hardware > Laptops & Notebooks

This isn't about knowldege by the way, You can be very knowledgeable but not have the ability to convey your point articulately... or you can know barely anything, but what you do know, you have the ability to explain beautifully. This question is about how well people prase their thoughts.

• Jesse
    Favorite Answer

Goody. I posted a question similar to this ages ago and it got deleted. So nice to see someone post this. I have a great respect for many people on this site and of course, there are the ones who can take the english language and create answers (or questions) that are mesmerizing.

1) Memphis Belle: Knows what she is talking about. No guessing games. Eloquent. Superior grammar. Excellent sentence structure. Uses words I have to to look up.....

2) Bells: Slay a dragon just by her ever so to the point and unrelenting words.

3) Rogue Bullies: Often gets her point across in 3 or 4 sentences. Superior knowledge.

4) Greekman: What can I say? He is incredible.

5) DeBasset: She adds a little humor with underlying sarcasm the little brains cannot understand.

6) Love Is a German Shepherd Dog: I just think she is great. I LOOK for answers.

7) Chetco: So knowledgeable and so very polite!

8) Ms. Manners: Gets her point across with absolute patience and consideration no matter how ignorant the question.

9) Dutch: Just like Greekman. What more can I say?

10) UHave2BeKidding: We disagree to disagree. Very respectful of others. Even though our opinions are oceans apart.

11) Loki: I RE-read her answers. 'Nuff said.

12) AA: Another one I RE-read!!

13) Eyes of a Warrior: She dances on the edge. LOVE her. Her answers are sharp.

14) Aphrodite: She stands out. Superior answers done with a twist using words I have to research.

15) La Vita: She has a rhythm to her answers that make me rock in my chair.

16) Show Breeders Sell Better Pups: Absolutely herself, no posturing, makes her point clear.

17) Rayven: Another with superior intelligence who can slay dragons.

18) Lioness: Great opposing views with eloquence. She emails me when I screw up.

19) Chaos: Love her intelligence!

20) Julie D: Her knowledge in way beyond the limits of my imagination and she states it without sounding condescending.

21) Mama O: New one for me but I so enjoy her down to earth let it all out answers.

22) Beth J: She can write a story. She is so good I forget where I am. I drench myself with her details.

23) YOU: Whether you think you can or can't I enjoy the heck out of you and your questions and answers are well said.

24) Kaper: Love his links!!!!

25) Chigirl: She is to the point says what she needs to say with candor.

I know I have left some people out because I just can't remember all of them!

Legit: Picking up poop in the pouring rain.

I agree with a lot of the answerers here. My experience: I have a 1 1/2 year-old dog. got her at 8 weeks old. as a puppy i just about got her every single vaccine. . .the combos, rabies, lyme, bordatella, etc. but after asking similar questions about vaccines and hearing about over-vaccination i have only gotten my dog her adult rabies shot because it's required. i haven't done an adult booster vaccine or anything because all the vaccines she had as a puppy are most likely still effective! i plan on doing an adult booster next year and probably never again after that. sometimes homeopathic medicine sounds a little kooky, but some things really work! like @shelter puppies rule, i use essential oils to control fleas and ticks and my dog has not had fleas/ticks at all! i've been using the oils as well as brewer's yeast tablets since april with excellent results. and i live and hike a lot in central kentucky, which transforms into a humid, bug-infested jungle in the summer LOL. take a look at the links other answerers provided and do what you feel is best.

• 12345

I am so inarticulate. I have a hard time getting what I want to say onto the screen. I don't usually get my full point across or in the way I want. There are so many times I read an answer after mine and am like "that is exactly what I wanted to say".

There are quite a few answerers I find have a way of explaining things, I do hate to name names, but I have to say hands down, Memphis Belle is the best. She definitely has a way with words.

I won't add anymore, there are too many to name.

Although I do agree with your two examples as well.

LG - I don't scoop poop in our yard, that is his chore. I do get the grooming tasks. Right now with Kape blowing a coat it is definitely unpleasant.

Source(s): I spend too much time here
  • Remdog

Dutch. His explanation for ethical breeding was great.

Also Herbie & Fern.

Kaper's great, too.

Oh, and Animal Artwork and Arctic Eyes. Very helpful and concise.

Launi gets right to the point, which I appreciate.

I agree with you about la vita, too :-)

Just off the top of my head. There are a lot of good contributers on here, I'm sure I'm missing a lot.

Legit: walking my lab right after i tore my ACL. it's not fixed yet, but I'm able to walk his energetic a$$ now without having to ice afterward :-)

I like reading the answers of Chetco and Kaper and Curtis... and countless others.

I am also jealous of anyone who can say what I wanted to - and be brief about it!

I am a babbler through and through - It seems, I am always answering questions with a 'story', that hopefully contain occasional moments of clarity!

I bet some of you don't even know that the "new yahoo layout" seems to allow less text now then before. So does the 'source box'. (I am embarrassed to admit I know that).

So for my wordy 'novel-esque' answers I apologise...

But I figure people can just skip them if they want, so its not really hurting anyone :P

I am also terrible for adding edits if I do keep things short initially.

LG: Cleaning muddy footprints off the carpet.

Honestly every one i have seen so may good answers from every one on here they all have there way of answering certain questions i do like the blunt approach

So Uhave2bekidding

Launi

Rayven

My least favourite chore would have to be bathing i don't know who gets more wet me or the dogs!

• rachel

I'm always thankful when Launi answers my questions. It's very easy to read, makes sense, straight to the point..

I also like Chetco, Kaper, La Vita and Rogue Bullies.

I basically like any of my contacts, haha.

Legit:

Picking up poop in the yard :/

I'm one of the people who don't do it right after their dog goes, it's always "oh, I'll pick it up when I get home.." and it ends up being a few weeks before I get around to it.. It's disgusting.

Memphis Belle, #1.

Curtis is pretty good about wording what I'm saying in a different way, in questions such as raw feeding. I tend to ramble on and on when I answer, but I give the same answer in one question 10 different times with 10 different wordings, so hopefully it sticks somehow, LOL

I agree about La Vita - she's great with words.

Beth J is always very thorough and level headed in her answers.

Memphis makes me feel like a 1st grader hahaha. She's very eloquent.

Basset and Julie D. are very knowledgable and always have very informative answers - I enjoy reading their responses and have learned a lot from both of them (among most of my contacts).

Bells says everything I want to say but am afraid to because I don't want another account deleted! haha

Launi is great because she is very passionate about everything she says.

Greek is always straight to the point.

I also like how Kaper always has links of articles to back up her points.

I could go on - I really like everyone that is on my contact list, but I'm tired now lol.

Legit: The one thing I HATE. Walking him in the rain.

• I think we all would agree Memphis would be our top contender, with Rayven and Walking Lady tied for second place. But I think at one time or another you all have articulated the answer to get your point across, or none of you would have any "Best Answers."

Legit: Walkling or excerise in the rain.