Have I been tricked into buying this Acer Desktop? I had to buy it for working at home and my ecalsses...?

Recently, I bought a "brand new" computer (it was not an open box) and the Customer Service Rep told me to come back in about 2 hours or so to pick it up b/c they needed to install the operating system on it and also configure the printer. I did as I was told and my dad went back to pick it up and I began to use it. However, then it started acting up. It would automatically restart and I would be looking at a blue screen with white font saying it was collecting data for dump files or something and once it said something had happened to the hardware. So I became very worried and went to control panel to uninstall or repair programs that I installed on it but I noticed that there are programs on there installed on 28/10/2009 such as Acer recovery management and theres also an acer identity card from 10/10/2007. I don't understand what this all means since I bought it this February 2010. I'm not computer savy by any means and all your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

looks like this: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/acer-acer-a...

Favorite Answer

The programs were installed on 28/10/2009 - the day the computer was "built". The Acer identity card is just an identification card that has the computer ID in it so that Acer knows that it is authentic.

As far as it acting up, etc. - take it back. It is still under warranty and they should fix it.

Possibly. Take it back to the seller. They should stand by the merchandise. Also contact Acer to notify the issues you're facing. Randomly restarting is probably due to faulty PSU, MB (graphics adapter or driver) and it must be dealt with in a timely manner.

Contact Acer, if your bought last month is is under warranty and Acer should fix it.

Good Luck

send it back have them look at it

You were tricked.