Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

I have been out of town, in Panama to have some medical procedures done that my insurance company would not?

cover due to pre-existing conditions and am not up to speed on the health care debate.

My doctor wanted some tests and a procedure done that my Blue Cross would not pay for due to pre-existing conditions and I was about to hit my annual benefit cap.

So I flew south to Panama where I could afford it. The doctors were good and the prices affordable.

What has happened in my absence and how will this new bill effect me?

What has happened in my absense and how will it effect me?

Favorite Answer

I wanted to congratulate you for taking responsibility for your own healthcare and not relying on someone else to pay for you. I was born in Panama - Gorgus Hospital on the Pacific side of what was the US Canal Zone.

Well sir you can send that evil Blue Cross packing - Obama & Democrats have passed a Healthcare Reform bill. Opposition from 70% of the population and 100% of Republicans did not stop Obama and Democrats - not with their special deals, one state exemptions, and under table promises of executive orders and federal jobs for brother of one congress member and an investigation of another squashed.

I would warn you not to quite stop making your premium payments FOR SOME STRANGE REASON - The Democrats don't want this to come into effect till 2014. BUT REPUBLICANS are going to try and remedy that with amendments in Reconciliation to make the Bill's provisions come into force this YEAR and not wait till 2014 - I mean what are we waiting 4 years for???

Then again the Democrats did commit political suicide and are surely going to be swept out of power in the House & Senate as a Tsunami of conservative Republicans take their place this Mid-term election - you see promising to take $500 billion from Medicare Pissed off the old people - and well calling the Tea Party Nazis and racist just pissed them off more - and now passing this bill over the opposition of the majority of Americans may have been the final straw. I would matter of fact guarantee the Democrats will be out of power for at least a generation - Americans are forgiving folks, but they surely don't stand for DICTATORIAL actions & attitudes in their elected leaders.

Repeal the bill is the campaign slogan and it may be possible only to curtail the bill with the Republican majorities in House and Senate, but they will be able to kill it with a Republican President in 2013 before the 2014 implementation of Socialized medicine in America.

I'd like to know what kind of Blue Cross policy you have that precludes preexisting conditions. I have a Blue Cross group policy through my husband's employer and there are no preexisting condition restrictions. Some procedures may not be covered, but that is not the same thing.

• lorrie

Mbrcatz is surely ideal. i will additionally upload that your state could have an workplace that handles complaints like this from people who've controlled care plans. (In Virginia, it rather is talked approximately as the Ombudsman for controlled Care and it rather is area of the Bureau of insurance.) they are not unavoidably going to have the means that might actually assist you with the attraction (in spite of the undeniable fact that they should have the means to supply you some documentation approximately how the attraction technique ought to paintings); in spite of the reality that, documenting which you have spoken with this workplace is one stable thank you to place stress on the insurance agency. they do no longer desire to have the state investigating and that they maximum rather do no longer desire to be booted out of the state as a results of too many complaints with reference to a similar difficulty. if actuality be counseled, some insurance companies reject those issues as a count of course, understanding that a great form of human beings in basic terms have not got the stamina to combat the conflict. regrettably, they're concepts-blowing. don't be one in each and every of them.

• Rayne

That's odd...My 21 year-old daughter is a supervisor at Citibank and she has had Anthem Blue Cross for 2 years...She has had juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis since she was 14 and migraines since she was 6 (it's hereditary), but her insurance pays for all of her office visits, medications and treatments for those things...OH she has also been wearing glasses since she was 10, and she gets 2 FREE pairs of glasses per year on her insurance...She loves it

Your Freedom of choice is now gone ! Now OWEbama will not allow you to leave the country for health care ! Plus ; if OWEbama is in charge of your health care , then you will have to qualify for the procedures ! You may not qualify regardless of preexisting conditions if it doesn`t fit the selective agenda of socialism in rationalizing health care !

• h1e2r4

I take it then that you did not watch any TV. That's probably one reason your feeling better now. The next time Blue Cross doesn't want to pay for something you may not be allowed to leave the states for medical treatment under Obama care.

ooo buddy, yahoo is full of crazy liberals and conservatives. so far, nothing has changed, but the new bill passed will hopefully allow people to have surgeries like yours in the u.s. It probably will make your insurance prices go down (hotly debated) and make your coverage better.

Shoulda' stayed in Panama.

You'd rather get your info from yahoo answers than to look at any news article?? What's wrong with you.