Whats your opinions on traditional vs no traditional gender roles?

Were you raised with traditional gender roles?What are your opinions on this? I personally wasn't and my parents didn't limit me or say girls should only do this or that. My opinion regarding gender identities is the answer lies somewhere in the middle.On one end of the pendulum you have people raising... show more Were you raised with traditional gender roles?What are your opinions on this?
I personally wasn't and my parents didn't limit me or say girls should only do this or that.

My opinion regarding gender identities is the answer lies somewhere in the middle.On one end of the pendulum you have people raising their children that girls must have certain girly interests & encouraging them against(their perceived) masculine qualities/traits & the same for their sons encouraging masculine activities/traits & disencouraging feminine ones and then on the other end of the pendulum you have people saying "it doesnt matter at all" "just be whatever you wish" encouraging in a sense the abolishement of any notion of masculine or feminine all together possibly because they were raised in a way similar to the first example which ended up causing hurt/damage.
I feel both ends are wrong and that the real answer lies somewhere in the middle-where we have some notion of loose definitions of feminine-masculine but that we dont limit people & discourage then from things they wish to do regardless of how its traditionally perceived "genderwise" & dont say things like "women should stay in the kitchen" "only men should be the provider" etc because arnt these things born out of insecurity?
I hope that sort of makes sense.
What are your opinions?
Update: Dark Eyes-I 100% agree with you and thats how my childhood was like too.
Update 2: Good answers.