can a hacker tap into your microphone?

i just realized i have a built in mic on my laptop, could a hacker tap into this and listen to me? O.O

also how can you tell if someone's hacked your computer? would it show up as a virus or something or could they go unnoticed?

Best Answer

All viruses,malware,spyware and adware are created by hackers and all are controlled by the hacker once on a computer to steal personal information

haha, you didn't know you had a mic? :P

I think they could, but the chances of that aren't very likely. I don't think you have much to worry about there. Sometimes viruses can go unnoticed, but usually your computer runs slower or something happens that makes it suspicious. I suggest you get a program to stop viruses from happening, and remove the ones that get through. In today's world, it's needed. You can get a virus just by clicking on the wrong link, or going on a website that has an attack. My friend pretty much lost his computer when he got on a website (I think it was a yahoo games room but I can't remember for sure) recently, and he didn't know there was a virus until every time he tried to delete the virus it came back, and the computer wouldn't stay on. Someone was pretty much controlling it. Most of the time they aren't that bad, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

People don't only hack to steal money from accounts. Some hack for the sole purpose of destroying your computer or stealing other information. Maybe because they want you to have to send your computer in for repairs, but I can't be sure.

yes it is possible for a hacker to control your mic and web cam for that. If you look on youtube there are tons of videos that show people using metasploit to into computers and do things like take screen shots and listen in on conversations that are with in range of the mic.

Source(s): Reginald Wheeler , Owner A+, Networking+, Security+, MCSE 2003, CCNA Universal Systems Consulting LLC Simplifying IT 1907 Hampton Dr. Sandy Springs, GA 30350 Ph:678.615.2997 wheeler90@comcast.net

simply No , unless you have permitte him to install some applications and allow him to use it remotely.

the better precaution is to say no to all the websites which have expired certificates and avoid downloding and installing softwares from un trusted sources.

after all protect your pc with good userid and strong password, if you can protect your system physicaly strong then avoid a user and password, this will help to prevent anybody to connect to your computer(but this is not recommented)

TOM,

www.coolgadgets4u.com

Possible also possible to tap your camera.... but in all honesty hackers aren't interested in that.They mainly want your bank info.

No.

The only reason anyone would hack anything is to steal money. Keep your bank information separate.

believe me i am a studying it security there is nothing impossible for an expert hacker