Hog Wild asked in SportsBasketball · 10 years ago

who is better joe johnson or brandon roy?

joe johnson or brandon roy

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Brandon Roy. Both are two of the most underrated players in the NBA, but Brandon Roy is better. Offensively he's a more complete, polished player. JJ is a better shooter, but Roy finishes better in the lane and gets to the line more. Both of them are very clutch, but Roy has one of the best shooting percentages in the league in the last 5 minutes of close games. What's more, Roy really does have to initiate his team's offense, while Bibby takes that responsibility for the Hawks. Defensively Roy is better as well. His one weakness is his size, but he does play really good defense. Also, Roy is more of a leader than Johnson too, who's passion is suspect at times. B-Roy all the way, but JJ is still a phenomenal player.

• 10 years ago

@NBAFAN8,

i'd do some research or actually watch some of their games before answering with false facts as you have. joe johnson is like kobe and closes out games? are you kidding me? the dude is a CHOKER and everyone who watches his games know that. on the other hand, brandon roy is CLUTCH, and i'm not just talking about his buzzer-beaters either. b-roy with the ball in his hands in the 4th quarter of a close game will get you buckets. and roy would be a more sought-after free agent if he were one this summer, so that part of your argument is a big fail as well. johnson is a beast too, but he is not better than roy, and definitely not "by a mile"

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Brandon Roy because he's a all around player unlike johnson only being a shooter, and plus johnson doesn't show up in the playoffs and roy does.

• 10 years ago

Career stats: (all these stats are per game not total)

PPG - JJ: 17.6, BR: 20.3

REB - JJ: 4.2, BR: 4.6

AST - JJ: 4.5, BR: 5.0

BLK - JJ: 0.3, BR: 0.2

STL - JJ: 1.0, BR: 1.1

TO - JJ:2.2, BR: 2.0

FT% - JJ: 79.2%, BR: 79.8%

Joe Johnson Has been in the league for 10 years, Brandon Roy has been in the league for 4 years.

Joe Johnson has been in 4 all star games And was a starter in 1 of the four games, Brandon Roy has been in 2 all star games, And started none of them.

From the stats shown and watching basketball all my life, Id say brandon roy is a better player, BUT not by alot

Source(s): NBA.com, Yahoo Sports.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

I think brandon roy

• 10 years ago

I really don't have time to go into detail here, but I'll just leave it at Brandon Roy

• 10 years ago

JJ by a mile. Johnson has more size at 6'7 240lbs. JJ is much like Kobe, as he can close games. JJ is also a deadly 3pt shooter, he makes 2 3pt field goals a game. JJ has the Hawks in title contention, and he is one of the most sought after free agents this summer.

The one thing that Roy has over JJ is getting to the free throw line (Roy 7ftapg, JJ 3.5ftapg). Roy cries and literally yells like a girl when he goes to the rim.

• Nathan
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

i will go with Brandon Roy

• 10 years ago

brandon roy in my opinion

• J L
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

joe roy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.