How can I test if my son is gay?

I am worried my son might be gay. I want to get him checked. Isn't it possible to get a hormone check? A vocal chord check? Can't a doctor indicate whether he is gay or not? My son has almost no muscles and narrow shoulders. He also has blue eyes. He talks in a very high voice and while he sings he sounds like a castrato. He tells me his voice is called tenor.

How can I test if my son is gay?

• sara
    Favorite Answer

Your son is gay if he likes to have sex with guys. Simple.

Is this a serious question? If so, then why don't you just ask him? How old is your son? I've never heard of a doctor being able to run a "gay test." You say that you're worried. If your son is gay, then you should support him. If you express to your son that you see being gay is a bad thing then you will only push him away. I had a friend who's parents disowned him because he was gay. This caused him so much pain and he is currently on antidepressants. Please, if you're religious and your beliefs cause you to view being gay as a sin, try to look past that. This is your child and you should love him unconditionally.

What I would do is have a show, that you've recorded, and it shows men with a lot of their clothes off. Example: Magic Mike 2. When the men start to strip, glance at his crouch. If you see a bulge, you have confirmation that he's some what into men, and quite possibly gay.

• Tim A

Seriously?? Just because he's a tenor he might be gay? Does that also mean that women who are altos are also gay? What does muscles or lack of have to do with anything... there are plenty of body builders who are gay. Blue eyes? He got those from you and his father... it's called genetics.

Why do you want to test your son?

If he is gay, then he is gay. There is nothing you can do to change if he is gay or not. Try and be a good parent. There is a lot more you could be worried about...

Your son can tell you if he's gay, unless he is in denial. The only reason he might be in denial is because he might be defensive due to him being surrounded by homophobes. And his physical appearance has absolutely nothing to do with his sexual orientation.

Is this a serious question? There is no test and you didn't say how old he is. If he's 9, then he's exactly how he should be a that age. And blue eyes? This can't be serious.

really? lady you are just sick and stupid. you say it as if being gay is a disease. hey here's a thought maybe just maybe he hasn't hit puberty yet. u know i think this is one of the MOST IGNORANT things i have ever heard. a gay test, seriously. the only person who needs to be tested is u to see how low your IQ is.

LOVE YOUR SON NO MATTER WHAT,

• Travis

What does blue eyes have to do with being gay? Seriously?

You're a troll, right? If you're not, then I suggest you do take him to a doctor, tell the doctor your thoughts, and then the doctor can explain to you how totally misinformed you are about homosexuality.