Steve asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 1 decade ago

Immigration Question?

If I get married to a Canadian citizen in Canada will I have to leave the country? How does that work?

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you get married to a Canadian citizen in Canada, you still have to apply for immigration status - and yes, you might have to leave the country. Each case is judged on its own merits so there is no general rule that covers everyone.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    You will be granted temporary status. You will be given a SIN and will be asked in for interviews periodically.

    There were a couple in Toronto here and he was Canadian and she from Asia. Two years later they were both called in and separated for questioning. The only thing was the pet bird they had for two years and she did not know the name of it. He said of course she knows Polly. He was jailed and she..............

    Bon Voyage.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.