alice in wonderland. Based on acid trip?

There Are Theories Of Alice In WonderLand Being Based On An Acid Trip Of The Creator, I Believe This Could Be True Otherwise What Would She Be Drinking To Make Her "feel" Smaller Or Bigger. I Mean I Could Understand Fairy Dust Or Something For A Kids Movie. But Why Would You Use Something That In Real Life To Teenagers And Adult Is Very Familiar As An Illegal Hallucinogenic Drug? I Mean It Has Too Be;) Jus Giving You Something Too Think About. Till Next Time,Kylla.

Favorite Answer

Actually, a lot of people think the author of Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass (Lewis Carroll) was on opium. They didn't have LSD back when he wrote the books.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

There Are Theories Of Alice In WonderLand Being Based On An Acid Trip Of The Creator, I Believe This Could Be True Otherwise What Would She Be Drinking To Make Her "feel" Smaller Or Bigger. I Mean I Could Understand Fairy Dust Or Something For A Kids Movie. But Why Would You Use Something...

Source(s): alice wonderland based acid trip: https://tr.im/v1eYD

Alice In Wonderland Acid

Look, back in 1865 there was no such thing as lsd, and in my opinion it wasn't opium either.

The writer of Alice in Wonderland was most likely inspired by a mushroom trip. Psychedelic shrooms have been present on Earth since before humans.

And "wonderland" sounds alot like a shroom experience

LSD wasn't around back then (1860's). That wasn't created until the sixties (1960's, you're like 100 years off) and wasn't widely available. It had first believed to have been developed to help the military.

However several other drugs were (at the time) not considered to have ill side effects, or long term side effects and therefore utilized freely. Opiates were some of the most common, snuff was carried in little boxes (cocaine) to clear nasal passages. Many English authors (the author of Treasure Island-Robert Louis Stevenson and Edgar Allen Poe were two of the most notorious) were utilizing drugs when they penned their most memorable works. Look at Kubla Khan for example (castles in the sky). Beautiful.

Personaly I came up with another theory about what is Alice in Wonderland about. It all came up to me while I was watching the second movie. My theory is that its all caused by the molecule DMT (dimethyltryptamine). It is said that DMT is present in the pineal gland and that it may be produced when dying or having a near death experience. The theory is based on that when Alice fell down the hole she hurt herself and she is having a near death experience which makes her pineal gland produce DMT. Some details that supports this theory it that the DMT trip starts like you are being sucked through a hole traveling to a different dimension (Alice falling into the hole and ends up in Wonderland) Every entity is DMT like and she is treated like a key component just like in the DMT realm. Also that a DMT trip last close to 15 minutes and in the movie when Alice wakes up it hasn't passed much time since she fell. I believe that this is a more reasonable theory. Hope you like it!

• Yeah, I heard about that too. Do You Have To Write Like This? It's Kinda Annoying. Please Stop. But really, people can just let us enjoy the book and the movie without ruining it for us and taking apart the plot!

I cannot believe people still even think this! Alice in Wonderland was written in the Victorian-era where it was both ILLEGAL and SCANDALOUS to take any kind of chemical substances. Alice in Wonderland is a wonderful masterpiece of classic literature and has amused children for years. Lewis Carroll (who wrote the original Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass novel and who was in no means a "junkie" or a pedophile as some people call him) wrote Alice in Wonderland for the amusement of Alice Liddell, the daughter of his college dean and her sisters, Lorena and Edith. It was a book he made very interesting yet silly and nonsensical for her and her sisters TO READ AND ENJOY. He put all his efforts into writing a book for a girl and even named Alice after her and it turned out to be one of the greatest classics in the world. Lewis Carroll never went near drugs in his life. And about the "Smaller or Bigger" thing that you are concerned about, Alice didn't want to "feel" smaller or bigger, she wanted to actually BE smaller or bigger since she kept on shrinking and growing and it was a POTION she was drinking not any kind of chemical substances or alcoholic drinks that tasted like a mixture of roast turkey, cherry pie, and custard (If i'm correct). She wasn't wasting herself to feel like she actually "matters" or hallucinating, since it was labeled "Drink Me" , she just drank it being seven years old (it says she is seven years old in the book) and possibly hoped the potion could get her out of the mess she was in. The character of Alice isn't supposed to even go near any drugs. Some of you with your very sick minds come up with theories that this is all similar to some hallucinogenic substances and Lewis Carroll was on an "acid trip". He was a brilliant author inspired by an adventurous young girl! It was written for children! There had to be some magical nonsense in it! Just think!

Source(s): Read Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass many times.
    • Raymond4 years agoReport

It implies that the story was based on a acid trip that someone on the real world had..

Alice in Wonderland was written when it was legal to go to places and take acid to help them write. Many others did it at the time. I don't think it was intended to become a children's book or novel. Look up the poem the jabberwocky. Chortled wasn't a word when that poem was written, but now it is.

Nope. Like someone else has mentioned, LSD did not exist--but the drug opium did. Although there is no evidence that Caroll used this substance, there is a possibility.