Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

I really need help responding to a looney conservative?

I told him that the health care is free so enjoy it and he wrote back that its not so i copied a part of an article i read on Yahoo::

"Households making up to four times the poverty level — about $88,000 for a family of four_ will be eligible for assistance."

And he wrote me back this (on facebook):

I don't make much less than that with my wife, but the "assistance" is nothing. check for yourself:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/spe…

My sister and her husband make around 50 k, but this is their readout:

According to your income and family size, the tax credits will ensure you do not spend more than $4750 on premiums. Your maximum out-of-pocket costs for deductibles and co-payments would be capped at 30% of the total cost." So that's 400/month plus 30% of any medical bills.

It cracks me up when people say this is "free health care"

It's not free for anybody except illegals and welfare recipients. Most all of the middle class will have to pay MUCH HIGHER premiums. And this isn't counting the reduction of the quality of care or the added expenses that companies will incur and pass onto us (Remember when gas was 4.00 and groceries were sky-high?)"

So how can I respond to him to respond to his accusations. Thanks! I need some smart Democrats here!

Update:

If you don't want to help then DONT. STOP MAKING YOUR OPINIONS BECAUSE THEY ARE ONLY YOUR OPINION. I Just wanted HELP. NOT OPINIONS. Geez.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Curt J
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

When it comes to Obamacare and the discussion thereof, the term 'Smart Democrats' becomes little more than a contradiction in terms. Were the supporters of this debacle smart, they wouldn't be backing it in the first place.

PS: This garbage passed by the Dems, is anything BUT free and you'll be paying into it for 4 years before you see any health care coverage. During those 4 years, that money will NOT be held in any kind of trust, it will be spent, mostly on porkbarrel projects.

Source(s): Just my opinion
  • 4 years ago

Time will tell. You want change? They are trying desperately to take governmental control over very large segments of the economy. Banks, corporations, the medical industry, a little ambitious don't you think? Do you want them to do to the banking and medical industry what they did to the housing industry? Make no mistake Chris Dodd, Barney Franks, Maxine Waters, David Meeks all swore up and down that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the practice of no money down housing loans to ill qualified people and every thing was honky dory. Bull Sheet. They should be the subject of a congressional investigation! Notice that none of these politicians create or build companies from the ground up. How come? To much personal risk involved? They don't care to be restricted by the regulations they inflict on big business? The only thing that will save this country is to get the current crop of bums out of congress to slow Nobama's assault on our liberties. Then we dump him in 2012!

• 10 years ago

By pulling your head out and realizing you just bought yourself a ticket to BUY health insurance, and this does not provide any type of health care at all. To understand the only individuals who now will actually receive "free" health care will be the illegals that run to the ER for assistance, the rest of American will now be paying for a product that will be dictated by the government as to what amount of coverage you will be required to have and if you do not have a qualified plan for the entire 12 months of the year, your tax return will be fined to pay for the time you did not have coverage. For a family of 4 who cannot afford the health coverage or for some other reason does not buy the coverage, they will be charged at least $2000 against any potential tax return or even have to pay into federal taxes for not carrying qualified coverage. Nothing about this plan is free. So you are the loony who needs to actually look into the 2000 plus page taxation plan in more depth. For a supposed "smart" democrat, you do not have a clue

• imaxkr
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

The subsidies start at 133% of poverty and, on a graduated scale, decline up to 300% of the poverty level. The "maximum out of pocket" after premiums are paid is also on a sliding scale up to 9.5% of AGI.

But what also must be considered is the rise in the costs of every product and service you purchase. Employers are going to get hit hard with additional taxes and penalties and they are either going to let people go and /or raise prices. And don't forget the tax that was added to every medical device (except contacts and hearing aids) that will drive costs even higher.

Here are links to the bills, all the information is there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

First of all, there seems to be no such thing as a smart democrat.

Secondly, nothing in life is free. Nothing, that is, except bullshit and free advice.

The only people that will get free health care are people who contribute nothing but social disease.

Liberals are all about rewarding uselessness and ineptitude. That's what they call fairness and equality.

Fairness is rewarding people according to their achievements and willingness to prove their equality.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Schip Insurance for Children for families making up to $88,000 per year.

• 10 years ago

And you call him loony? Just who do you think will pay for this "free" health care. Apparently there are no smart Democrats if they are actually buying this BS from Obama Pelosi and Co.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

'The truth is that families making 75,000 dollars or more will have their premiums raised. So the opposite is true.

Don't let these neocons intimate you. They like to lie

Source(s): cnn
  • 10 years ago

Ummm he is right. It's called taxes. ever heard "there's no such thing as free lunch?" It may start with the rich being the most heavily taxed (which is the case already) but they will cut back which takes money out of the economy etc. It'll be trickle down poverty

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Sorry, the only smart demcrats here are those who stand up to Obama and his destructive agenda! And there are plenty of them so I'm thinking you won't like your answers if these smart demo's answer!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.