How did the Heath bill pass the Senate and the house?

I am still a bit confused how Nancy and the Democratic party was able to get this heath bill passed by the senate and the house?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

They passed the Senate version of the bill(which no one liked) in the House. The agreement they made with all the house representatives was that they would pass a second bill which would fix all of the problems with the first bill. They are using a sleazy tactic to pass this second bill which makes it impossible for the Senate to block.

• 10 years ago

what happened is the house originally sent a bill to the senate. The senate made changes and passed the bill based on those changes.

The senate version was sent back to the house to be passed, this has to happen because the bill the house sent to the senate was different then the one the senate passed. The house voted to pass the senate version.

Now the bill will be signed by President Obama. Then the senate will vote to ratify the changes the house wanted by a process called budget reconciliation. This means that only things that will affect the budget can be changed. The bill has to be passed into law by the president before this can happen.

President will sign it tomorrow and Thursday the senate will pass the amendments the house wanted. The end

• Kman
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

The Democrats made two - and really only two - campaign promises:

1. That they would address spiraling heath care costs

2. That they wouldn't be like George W. Bush

Failing to deliver on your sole promises is a good way to let down your constituents and get voted out. The voters and congressmen had the motive and the majority.

What's confusing about that?

• Roy
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Bribes, threats, arm twisting, back room deals, smoke and mirrors. For the life of me I can not figure out why a principled politician would vote against his/her constituency, but many did and, as Obama is wont to do, threw their constituents under the bus to save Premier Obama's fantasy.

K man - I think you are confused. A majority does want to fix the health care system. But a majority knows that this bill will not do that. It is redistribution under the guise of insurance reform with very little prospect that it will ever translate into actual improvements in health care.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

See, if more Senators vote FOR a bill than against it, it passes. Likewise, if more Representatives vote FOR a bill than against it, it passes. Wasn't that simple?

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

They took a back door way,there was nor will there be a vote as we the people know it.They are shoving it through.

• Monkin
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Bribes and lies and cajoling and lets not forget bribes and blackmail, and sadly there you have your answer! Its time Americans wake up, and lets not forget the Communist in the white house.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.