T Mac asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Best NCAA Team 2010-2011?

I know it's way early, but this is what makes sports so great! Speculation and Prediction...

I know off tops!

UNC is gonna be back near the top

Kentucky will be Final 4 front runners once again

Ohio St will be tough

Memphis should be really good too...

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Kentucky is going to lose probably John Wall,Eric Bledsoe,and Demarcus Cousins plus Patrick Patterson

that's too much to overcome and be the best team again next year.

Ohio State depends on if Evan Turner goes to the NBA.

Villanova should be really good next year. Freshman Dominic Cheek,Isiah Armwood and Mouphtaou Yarou should be really good next season plus they'll still have Corey Fisher, Corey Stokes, Antonio Pena, Taylor King, and Maurice Sutton back. There's a ton of returning talent and depth for Villanova and they might be the preseason #1 next season.

North Carolina will be really good as well. They already have one of the best frontcourts in the nation with Ed Davis, Tyler Zeller, the Wear twins,and John Henson down there. Will Graves who had a solid season will be returning plus guards Larry Drew and Dexter Strickland can develop into better guards. To add to their depth they get the nations #1 High School player Harrison Barnes who's a 6 foot 8 foward, as well as the #2 HS SG Reggie Bullock and the #4 HS PG Kendall Marshall. The Heels lineup will be stacked big time next year

I hate to admit it and hate them but Duke will be up there next year as well. They bring in Top 5 recruit in PG Kyrie Erving. Only Lance Thomas, Brian Zoubek, and John Scheyer leave and they get Seth Curry playing for them next year. They will really miss the leadership of Scheyer and lack a ton of depth downlow however.

Ohio State. All the key players for the Buckeyes return next season and they add the #2 HS player in the Nation PF Jared Sullinger. Even if Evan Turner goes pro the Buckeyes will be among the nations best.

Look for Kansas State to be really good next year too with Denis Clemente being their only graduating player. Jacob Pullen returns at the point and they have a ton of depth and solid players returning such as Dominique Sutton, Curtis Kelly, Rodney McGruder, Jamar Samuels and Wally Judge. I think Wally Judge turns into a dominant force in the paint next season.

Georgetown has no seniors on their roster and Greg Monroe stayed last year let's see if he does the same this year. After a loss to Ohio in the 1st Round the Hoyas will come out hungry

Purdue. Keaton Grant and Chris Kramer are the only key seniors on the roster. They still return E'twaun Moore and Robbie Hummel. If Jajuan Johnson stays on Purdue they will still have a great team next year

Butler is a Sweet 16 team this year with Willie Veasley being their only key senior. Butler could be a preseason Top 10 team and a major threat to make the Final Four next season.

Memphis has the #1 rated recruiting class according to ESPN.com and also has Roburt Sallie,Will Weatherspoon,Will Coleman, and Elliot Williams returning. The nations #6 recruit and SG Will Barton has a chance to be the best freshman in the country next year. Adding the #17th ranked recruit and 3rd ranked PG Joe Jackson will add to the talent at Memphis as well.

Baylor has a great team returning and PG Tweety Carter is their only senior. If Lacedarius Dunn returns than Baylor should be a great team again next season. They will add the 9th ranked HS player in big 6 foot 11 PF Perry Jones to form a huge froncourt with Jones and Big 12 leading shot blocked Epke Udoh

Texas. Damion James, Dexter Pittman, and Justin Mason are departing. James will be missed. There's still alot of talent on the Longhorns team however and freshman sensations Avery Bradley, Jordan Hamilton, and Jacobin Brown who were part of a great recruiting class should be great next year. They keep many key players such as Jai Lucas, Gary Johnson, and Clint Chapman plus get Guards Dogues Balbay, and Varez Ward back from injury. For the sake of Texas fans they're hoping next season isn't as inconsistent and an underacheivement as the last 2 years. They will also have 6 foot 10 Tristan Thomas who was the #10 ranked recruit playing for them next year

My early Top 10 prediction so far is

1.Villanova

2.Duke

3.Ohio State

4.North Carolina

5.Georgetown

6.Kansas State

7.Kansas

8.Purdue

9.Baylor

10.Texas

HM-Butler

that's also if these players stay that I think will

Source(s): King Of NJ
  • 1 decade ago

I have to agree with you, but I also have to add on Duke and Kansas. They've been playing great lately, despite Kansas's loss, so I think they'll have a good chance of returning next year

• Moe S
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

ohio- no evan turner will get drafted

kentucky- yes john wall is only 19 so he's not going any where

memphis- no

unc- no

• 1 decade ago

Villanova. We're getting alot of good players back and our recuriting is solid!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Kentucky? No Michigan State will be great, again!

• 1 decade ago

UNC is garbage.

Illinois will be on top.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.