How does paypal scam work? What do they gain?

Selling item through various auto sites. Guy says he will take it at bottom line price. Just send paypal info. I get that he could send fake certified cheque or something but what can he do with a paypal account that is fraudulent here? The only thing I can think of is an overpayment but the problem is that this is... show more Selling item through various auto sites. Guy says he will take it at bottom line price. Just send paypal info. I get that he could send fake certified cheque or something but what can he do with a paypal account that is fraudulent here? The only thing I can think of is an overpayment but the problem is that this is an RV!!!!????!!!! It's not like I can ship it. It is a park model even. He would have to pick it up.

What is the scam here? I'm missing something but what is it? His emails are almost the perfect example on every scamming website around so I know its not on the up and up.

Obviously we aren't selling to him or even considering it but I want to be aware for future reference.