? asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 decade ago

PA Unemployment Compensations benefit questions?

How long does it take for me to get paid from PA UC after I file my first bi-weekly claim?

Favorite Answer

Regardless of which state you live in, you'll receive a weekly unemployment benefit based on how long you were employed and your prior wages. The state will calculate your average weekly wage, and you will receive a percentage of that wage based on your state's formula. You can figure out your average weekly wage by adding up 12 months' worth of pay stubs and dividing that number by 52. If you were salaried, just divide your annual salary by 52.

Length will vary depends on your situation. Usually it last up to 26 weeks..

For you to get the actual benefits, it usually takes about 2-3 weeks since you filed it in...

in Pa there is a "waiting week" - you won't get anything for the first week you are unemployed - you should get benefits every 1-2 weeks after that - not how how frequently you file anymore - do you still have to call in and report or file online every two weeks? It's been 8 yrs since I collected - I'm on the other side now - Controller/Payroll Mgr

• mastro

You lost your unemployment, era, no longer purely the waiting week which you will not be paid for besides. substitute into there a listening to for his or her charm? If there substitute into and you probably did no longer ensue, you're probable out of success. in the event that they simply appealed it and it substitute into reversed in accordance with their reaction yet and not making use of a listening to, you could charm it - the letter you obtain ought to declare a thank you to charm and how long you have. there is no longer a "checklist" someplace with the fake records on it.