Do YA Liberals really have a right to gloat about the health care bill considering how it was passed?
It only passed because Obama, Pelosi, & Reid BRIBED & ARM TWISTED members of congress to vote for it.
They have to use reconciliation to get the changes passed and that's not done yet.
The majority of the American people are against it.
What is there to gloat about? Passing a bill against the will of the American people?
- Alan SLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
I'm happy that we finally achieved major heath care reform that will benefit everyone, including the Republicans who vote against their own best interests. Here is what I'm not happy about:
1. We do not have single payer insurance that would have eliminated the health insurance companies and their 25% or more profit, which could have allowed us to fund more and better reforms. I'm disappointed that President Obama took this off the table from the start, and that he and the Democrats caved in and removed the public option.
2. Approximately 15% of the Democrats are really Republicans in sheep's clothing and voted against this. These traitors need to be replaced with real Democrats who care about the average person.
3. Another 10%-15% of the Democrats are also really Republicans. I agree with you as far as the bribes and arm twisting - I don't like it one bit. Unfortunately it was necessary in order to get these traitors to go along with this.
4. President Obama, Senate Majority Leader Reid, and House Speaker Pelosi did not understand that the Republicans are the enemy of the people, and that negotiating with this enemy was pointless and useless. The only thing the negotiations accomplished was to weaken the bill. All 178 Republicans in the House voted in lockstep with their leader Rush Limbaugh. Even I'm surprised that there is not one decent Republican who was willing to put people ahead of politics.
5. I'm disappointed that the Democrats in the Senate were too chicken to get rid of the filibuster, or to even threaten to get rid of it like the Republicans did when they were in charge. That would have enabled the Senate to pass a much better bill more in line with the original House bill. Even with the 60 votes, the Senate bill had to be watered down because it was held hostage by some Democrats (and Joe Lieberman) who are really Republicans.
Even with its flaws, this plan is a major improvement in line with other great programs passed by Democrats, like Social Security, Medicare, and civil rights. This is just a starting point. People like you think that this will mean that the Republicans will take over the House and Senate in 2010 and a Republican will be elected in 2012. I think you are wrong, because enough of the benefits of this bill will take effect and help people this year.
- 4 years ago
If this bill passes the liberals in office will not have one thing changed about their health care. They are taken care of. Us as Americans will be the ones suffering through this so called health care reform. Its being changed alright .....we are going to become a socialist nation where they can rule over every aspect of our lives. This is just the beginning of the nightmare they are about to unleash.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Who cares about your little quarrellings... Real progressives know that this was a hand off to the Insurance companies and big Pharma. The only spouter's are the tragically dull from both sides of the aisle...
This is a huge boon to corporate America and a major upset for the Little man, no matter how stupid he's become.
Wake up and smell the flesh burning... it's your own
- KylieVLv 71 decade ago
There isn't anything to gloat about, quite the opposite, people of this country should be in mourning today. This used to be such a great country because it was different from all the others. The land where dreams come true, that is why so many were envious. The democrats have turned this country into nothing more than a handout zone, people shouldn't even be motivated to work, there is no need in it, they have made it clear everyone will be taken care of regardless of the fact it will bankrupt our country.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Let them gloat. The insurance companies are laughing all the way to the bank at their expense.Source(s): "So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause"
- Anonymous1 decade ago
They won't be laughing for long once the IRS becomes intimate with their lives and part of their every day, and they lose their car or else bypass medical procedures.
Because when it comes to the IRS you can't use due process/the law to fight them. The bill says they have the authority to now go into your bank account to take any taxes or fines they feel you owe them and to also garnish wages, withhold tax refunds to take out what you owe for health care insurance and hospital bills. It's just perfect to fatten up the government :)
People can no longer declare bankruptcy if they can't afford to pay back the 50,000 they owe for a surgery or 500,000 in chemo bills - instead their wages, accounts and tax refunds will be garnished for life lol. It's just genius. So if you find yourself in the emergency room for injuries, you better think twice before ok-ing any procedures in case your insurance has a big deductible or doesn't cover it cuz you will no longer be able to turn a blind eye to any amounts you owe (which is why the doctors were all for this bill, now they'll get paid for everything they do hehe). Oh and that paid off car you have parked in the driveway? Better hide it if you don't want them towing it away for unpaid hospital bills lol not to mention liens on your home and properties. Poor democrat folk in for a big surprise, hope y'all can afford your bills hehe. But don't say Republicans didn't warn you so, don't come crying when you get a knock or notice on your door by the IRS gestapo.
Enjoy the last few hours of freedom you have left before the Pres signs this Armageddon to permanent stress and poverty to all and to all a good riddance of any chance at prosperity. Yes, he sure is genius to succeed selling this to the sheep who never ate into it before.
- ashLv 71 decade ago
You blithely ignore the armtwisting that wen ton under DeLay and that other guy that had to quit over racist remarks - Lott; and then you gripe about it when Democrats use similar tactics, and without having to hold a house vote open for hours and hours past the norm while continuing to twist the arms.
Do you really have a right to be so exceedingly shallow or do you just have extreme short term memory loss?
- Graciela, RIRSLv 61 decade ago
In 2003, Republicans used reconciliation to pass tax cuts for the top tax bracket, or families that earn $372, 950 a year or more. Both sides use the tactic.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
No matter what party they are part of, people who were for the Health Care Bill seemed like arrogant snobby assholes to me. I also can't stand to look or hear Nancy Pelosi.
- BigDLv 61 decade ago
"Passing a bill against the will of the American people?"
Well, that is why we live in a Republic, a representative democracy. Ask people if they support what is in the bill - restrictions on denials for preexisting conditions and lifetime caps, increasing portability and access and competition across state lines - and guess what? Everyone supports it!