Jonesy S. asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Metamucil of Fiber One Cereal?

So I am trying to get a consistent fiber intake in my diet to help with digestive problems. I was using Fiber One and wanted to switch to metamucil to avoid have to eat cereal all the time.

I looked at the nutrient facts though and one bowl of Fiber one (15 gs) has a ton more Fiber then 3 glasses of metamucil (9 gs i think). Let me also state I know nothing about nutritional facts so I am not sure if the fiber in metamucial is more potent or something (sorry dumb comment/question)

Anyways they say 25-30 grams of fiber but I think more around 35 gram is what my weak digestive system needs.

Can anyone explain the difference here or which is better? I want to avoid cereal but I don't want to lose out on the fiber from using the cereal(says use only 3 times a day). Also please share any other methods. I have a constant aching IBS but i notice when I eat 2 bowls of fiber one it settles and when I eat 3 it will almost completely go away.

Someone clear this up!!?!! Thanks

Favorite Answer

Keep up with the fiber ne, and I guess you can add metamucil OR benefiber to help you out.

Also consider apples, dark leafy greens, oranges, sweet potatoes- yam's, baked beans, and wholegrains are also good sources of fiber.

- Wholewheat pasta/ durham wheat pastas with tomato sauce/ added vegetables

- Brown rice

- Wholewheat breads/ bagels/ wraps/ pitas/ english muffins/ kaisers/ buns- dinner rolls

- Wholegrain crackers

- Wholegrain- fiber granola, muesili or breakfast bars

- Flax granola/ muesili

- Flax/ bran "brands" (ie: All Bran/ Fiber One products)

- Steel cut oats - oatmeal

- Couscous/ barley/ quinoa

Hope i'v helped, goodluck!

Metamucil Facts

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Metamucil of Fiber One Cereal?

I looked at the nutrient facts though and one bowl of Fiber one (15 gs) has a ton more Fiber then 3...

Source(s): metamucil fiber cereal: https://shortly.im/ZzpHf
  • Marie

One thing to also keep in mind is that you don't have to poop everyday. Some people only go once a week. There is nothing wrong with that it's just the way their body is set up. Eating fiber is good for you, so the fact that you are eating it now is not a major concern.