Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what brand is a good brand for vacuum cleaners other than dyson?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • spyrd
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hoover is Best !!

Used it before I owned Dyson.

Shark and Eureka are good too.

• 1 decade ago

I clean approx 5 houses per week and I have used many different kinds of vacuums over the years as all of my clients provide their own vacuums....and I absolutely love the ORECK. When any of my clients needs a new vacuum, I always recommend the ORECK>>> It is an upright and it comes with a separate small vacuum so that you can use the attachments. The upright is so light and powerful. Great for carrying upstairs (THOSE DYSONS ARE SOOOOO HEAVY) I have a central vac at my house but I I also have an ORECK which I prefer......

• 1 decade ago

Hi, A friend who has pets and kids bought a Eureka boss smart vac ultra 4870 and she loves it. She said it was recommended by consumer reports magazine and rated right up there with higher priced vacuums. It outperformed the Dyson animal. It was priced around 150.00 and really cleans carpets and bare floors with the flick of a switch. Has hepa filtration for allergies, 8 carpet settings, convenient tools and ability to control suction when using tools. Eureka also rated in the top two for the fewest repairs.http://www.byvacuumcleaners.com/Eureka-boss-smart-... Hope this helps.

• 1 decade ago

Well Hoover Is good as long as you pick out a good model not a cheapo one. I own a Simplicity That has been Pretty good. I have had It for like 12 years or so. They also go by two brand names one being less money I think and both are made In the USA! And Eureka Is good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.